Living in the Blue Mountains

Cal2

I loved this area whne we went out for a visit in July, it was just me, more than the beach, but only spent a short time there, it just seemed to have a small town feel and since we're coming from a village outside a market town, (although originally from a large town) it didn't faze me...............but what's it really like living there, any websites you would recommend to look at

thanks

Cal:daydreaming:

Hi Cal

I live in Leonay currently and lived in Blaxland for a bit when we first got here. I love Leonay, it has such a nice feel and it has great access to all areas.

The mountains definately have a small town feel, everyone knows everyone. Lots of great cafes and parks.

Try these websites - www.infobluemountains.net.au and www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au

Hope this helps!

We used to have a holiday home in Leura. Lovely place apart from the traffic. Trouble with tourist towns is, well, the tourists, eventually we sold it as the amount of coaches driving by and people wandering in our garden to look at our flowerbed (yes, there are public gardens, but we're not one of them) got unbearable. If you could take the town and plonk it a few miles further from Katoomba we'd be there now.

And be prepared for bushfires. Lots of them.