Cheaper shipping insurance from Ireland

Guest Kate10

Hi guys,

Our movers came yesterday and packed up our house - have to say they were fantastic. Very professional, organised and nice. Only problem for some reason I had misread the insurance quote and only realised yesterday morning that it was 3.5% Nearly lost my life as we had budgeted about €500 to €700 and it was going to be a multiple of that.

So at about 7am yesterday i got on the net - found insureyourmove in the UK that does it for about 1.6% which would have been brilliant but couldn't figure out if they covered Ireland and their number was a freephone one so couldn't call it from Ireland.

So I got googling - found that Allianz did it but will only quote through a broker. Googled again and found a broker called Affinity Insurance. Rang them and spoke to Alexandra who got me a quote for €800 in less than an hour - this was 2.1% which was a big improvement on the movers quote. Alexandra felt she could do better for us but given that I had left things to the very last minute we took that quote (Insurer was Allianz).

So I just thought I would let other Irish people know that there are other options to your movers insurance provider (ours would have dropped their quote to 2.5% but still not as good as Affinity).

If anyone is interested I can give contact details but you can google them and get their website fairly easily.

Good luck everyone!

Kate

Hi Kate10, Who Did You Use To Ship & What Kind Of Prices Did You Get ,We Got 20ft For €4750 Door To Door Packing & Un Packing & Including $440 Customs, But Looking For 3% Insurance. When Are You Off And to What Part ?

hi Wendy,

Wow you got a better deal than us! We used Aachener - they collected from Galway and will deliver to Perth, also all packing and unpacking included, full 20 ft container, all in (excluding customs) €4980. Very happy with the service so far. Well done you on your negotiation skills! We're flying out on Monday. Movers collected on Monday gone.

kate.

hi Wendy,

Wow you got a better deal than us! We used Aachener - they collected from Galway and will deliver to Perth, also all packing and unpacking included, full 20 ft container, all in (excluding customs) €4980. Very happy with the service so far. Well done you on your negotiation skills! We're flying out on Monday. Movers collected on Monday gone.

kate.

Hi Kate Thank You E-Mailed insureyourmove.com Today Quick Reply Yes They Do Insure Shipping From Ireland Just Need To Read Terms & Conditions Will Let You Know

Good Luck On Monday ,Don't Worry Everything Will Be Fine :biggrin:

hi Wendy,

kate.

Hiya Kate,

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck for monday. Hope ye all have a safe and pleasant journey. Hope all goes well for ye, we'll be thinking of you and look foward to hearing how you get on.

Best of luck,

Karen xx

Guest irishchicko

Hi Kate,

Just wondering what shipping co.you used?

Cheers[

QUOTE=Kate10;1219956]Hi guys,

Our movers came yesterday and packed up our house - have to say they were fantastic. Very professional, organised and nice. Only problem for some reason I had misread the insurance quote and only realised yesterday morning that it was 3.5% Nearly lost my life as we had budgeted about €500 to €700 and it was going to be a multiple of that.

So at about 7am yesterday i got on the net - found insureyourmove in the UK that does it for about 1.6% which would have been brilliant but couldn't figure out if they covered Ireland and their number was a freephone one so couldn't call it from Ireland.

So I got googling - found that Allianz did it but will only quote through a broker. Googled again and found a broker called Affinity Insurance. Rang them and spoke to Alexandra who got me a quote for €800 in less than an hour - this was 2.1% which was a big improvement on the movers quote. Alexandra felt she could do better for us but given that I had left things to the very last minute we took that quote (Insurer was Allianz).

So I just thought I would let other Irish people know that there are other options to your movers insurance provider (ours would have dropped their quote to 2.5% but still not as good as Affinity).

If anyone is interested I can give contact details but you can google them and get their website fairly easily.

Good luck everyone!

Kate

Guest irishchicko
Hi guys,

Good luck everyone!

Kate

Hi Kate,

Just wondering what shipping company you used?