Apply for Vic SS, send TRA assessment after

pswebb38

I've been reading on the Victoria website (http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au), that you can send in your SS application and send in your skills assessment when required.

We are thinking of doing this to help speed things up a bit. Our agent is sending my wife's paperwork off to the TRA tomorrow, which will take about 60 days to be assessed apparently.

We thought that if we apply for the SS now swell, then hopefully we can just send in the TRA assessment once we get the ok.

Has anyone else done this, and how did it work out?

Thanks,

Paul

Guest guest48800

Hi Paul,

This is exactly what we did (through our agent). Basically VIC SS rules mean that you can run both applications side by side, I think VIC may be the only state to do this but am not totally sure so don't quote me! VIC won't grant SS though without the positive skills assessment, they'll do 99.9% of the processing then hold for the assessment result, this helped us out no end, as we were working to a tight deadline in order to get our 176 application in before July 1st.

I've been reading on the Victoria website (http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au), that you can send in your SS application and send in your skills assessment when required.

We are thinking of doing this to help speed things up a bit. Our agent is sending my wife's paperwork off to the TRA tomorrow, which will take about 60 days to be assessed apparently.

We thought that if we apply for the SS now swell, then hopefully we can just send in the TRA assessment once we get the ok.

Has anyone else done this, and how did it work out?

Thanks,

Paul

Let me know if when your registering, you're able to get passed the first page, because I can't. After I fill out the first page, it prompts me to check my email to verify my account, but I haven't received such email after registering twice - :arghh:

Let me know if when your registering, you're able to get passed the first page, because I can't. After I fill out the first page, it prompts me to check my email to verify my account, but I haven't received such email after registering twice - :arghh:

I didn't have any problem registering at all.

Hi Paul,

This is exactly what we did (through our agent). Basically VIC SS rules mean that you can run both applications side by side, I think VIC may be the only state to do this but am not totally sure so don't quote me! VIC won't grant SS though without the positive skills assessment, they'll do 99.9% of the processing then hold for the assessment result, this helped us out no end, as we were working to a tight deadline in order to get our 176 application in before July 1st.[/quote

Thanks for your reply Woodster, it's nice to know someone who has actually done it.

Hi.....

So, we are 3 weeks into our ACS skills assessment and are at stage 4 (with the assessor) so could take upto 7/8weeks still? We are then planning to apply for VIC SS, we are also under a bit of a time restraint. Didn't realise we could start SS application. So we can start the application do you think?

Ooh.... How exciting!

Love this forum!

Liz

Hi.....

So, we are 3 weeks into our ACS skills assessment and are at stage 4 (with the assessor) so could take upto 7/8weeks still? We are then planning to apply for VIC SS, we are also under a bit of a time restraint. Didn't realise we could start SS application. So we can start the application do you think?

Ooh.... How exciting!

Love this forum!

Liz

YES, get it done ASAP!