Do unfurnished rentals generally come with or without curtains and blinds?

NowPerth

Thanks for that. How is your dog now? Responding to antibiotics yet? (I know it's not to do with the curtain thing but I was worried about the ear problem).

She's all good now - thanks for asking! In fact she's checked in, and already cruising at however many thousand feet on her way to Singapore - i think I need to go to bed or i'll be staring at the screen all night looking for how far she's flown.

:)

We are planning to move into unfurnished accommodation once our belongings arrive in Oz. Can anyone tell me whether it is likely to have curtains/blinds fitted or not?

Yep, they should. I rented out my house in Adelaide with curtains and a cooker but no fridge or washing machine. That's pretty standard for unfurnished.

• 2 months later...

yes curtains or blinds sometimes both , light fittings usually, carpets or vinyl or wooden or tiled flooring. stove/oven nothing else though generally as the landlord has to fix whatever breaks if not the fault of the tennant. If you find a fully furnishedplace though you can walk in walk out ( after cleaning). ie fridge , lounge , washing machine ,TV beds cutlery. but not linen or towels

• 2 weeks later...
Guest widesheds

That's absolutely right Wendy, in most place you can find either curtains or blinds or both at some times and many others but the linen and the towels will be an exception. These things are considered to be a more personal one. That's quite a detailed piece of information you have provided on this, it's like you have summed up every detail.