Komatsu- interview offer?

gconnolly87

I have been invited to attend an interview for Komatsu in the UK for two roles Workshop Technician or Field Service Technician, I am looking to speak with people that may have experience with servicing of construction and/or mining machinery & heavy equipment components.....looking for any help or tips you can provide me for likely questions that I might be asked?

Or any info on the company that may be of any help?

Cheers

hi,

I also have had an interview request, and my name is Gary!

whats occurring?

is there something we should know?

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

gary

ha just seen the replys, Im going next week nerves starting to build. I just posted looking for people who worked in similar jobs to what kind of questions would be asked, as I have only ever been to my apprenticeship interview but this is going to be a lot tougher I would imagine.

Thanks gary

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Tony4052
I felt it went pretty well. They said recommended me to be hired, it now goes to HR manager and a branch manager to decide. Hopefully hear back in the next few weeks.

I take you are still waiting too. Where are you hoping to relocate to? We hare hoping for Perth.

• 2 weeks later...
I take you are still waiting too. Where are you hoping to relocate to? We hare hoping for Perth.

I have now been offered a telephone interview. I am not sure what to expect, I was under the impression the face to face interview would have been second and telephone first, Still delighted right enough just not sure what to expect.

Guest Tony4052
I have now been offered a telephone interview. I am not sure what to expect, I was under the impression the face to face interview would have been second and telephone first, Still delighted right enough just not sure what to expect.

Thats great news....

I couldn't keep my other job offers on hold any longer so I let Caterina know and have now signed a contract with Macmahon.

Good luck with the phone interview and let us know how you get on....

its all moving in the right direction though!

any idea if they tie restrictions on you?

ie make you sign a contract to stay with them for a number of year etc?

When did you say you wanted to be in Oz by, within 3 months?

im still waiting/hoping that they offer me a job/further interview!

good luck for the interview

Thats great news....

I couldn't keep my other job offers on hold any longer so I let Caterina know and have now signed a contract with Macmahon.

Hi Tony,

what do Macmahons do?

are they still looking?

whats the package like, do they offer you any relocation help etc?

when you off to live the dream?

do they give you a certain time to move by once you sign the contract?

Guest Tony4052
Hi Tony,

what do Macmahons do?

are they still looking?

whats the package like, do they offer you any relocation help etc?

when you off to live the dream?

do they give you a certain time to move by once you sign the contract?

Hopefully there Apr next year.

You have PM. ;)

Thats great news....

Yeah I will do, did you sit two interviews with Komatsu if you don't mind me asking?

its all moving in the right direction though!

any idea if they tie restrictions on you?

ie make you sign a contract to stay with them for a number of year etc?

When did you say you wanted to be in Oz by, within 3 months?

im still waiting/hoping that they offer me a job/further interview!

good luck for the interview

As someone said there they told me at my 1st interview it would require 2 years stay then they look down the route of permanent residency if you wished but I was advised to stay on the visa.

Guest Tony4052
Yeah I will do, did you sit two interviews with Komatsu if you don't mind me asking?

I had a phone interview initially. Then to London for the face to face and I was waiting for a final phone interview from Komatsu in WA. Like I said above, I already had a few offers waiting for me to sign, so I had to let the Komatsu job go.

Did you get the memory stick from your interview in London? There was loads of info on there regarding relocation.

I had a interview with them in london. Had a skype interview to start with then moved to London interview. I had a phone interview with one of the workshop managers last week and he told me i should find out by today. No contact so emailed them this morning only to be told to wait out. I have turned down another job due to being told that i was having a meet and greet so stupidly thought that i must be pretty sure of the job. So its a case of looking elsewhere again. Any contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Gav

I had a phone interview initially. Then to London for the face to face and I was waiting for a final phone interview from Komatsu in WA. Like I said above, I already had a few offers waiting for me to sign, so I had to let the Komatsu job go.

Did you get the memory stick from your interview in London? There was loads of info on there regarding relocation.

Yes I got the memory stick, will give it another look before the interview. There was plenty of information on it, I ws mostly looking for what I could expect from the telephone interview. Probably more techincal based and related to the role as a fitter

Guest richiee
Had the telephone interview last nght. Went really well received positive feedback from the two guys doing it. Hopefully hear back before new year.

Well done on that. I recently had an interview here in Ireland with Hitachi for a job in Australia. I got notice that they have a job for me near Sydney. Im waiting now on contract etc. Where do you expect to be going? any idea on salary, package etc?

Guest Tony4052
Had the telephone interview last nght. Went really well received positive feedback from the two guys doing it. Hopefully hear back before new year.

Nice one....dont forget to let us know how you get on....