You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi

This question has possibly been asked before, but I have had no luck searching the forum.

I need help in redirecting my post to Oz.

I know that I can set up a redirection service with Royal mail, that is the easy bit. My issue is that I don't have an address in Oz to forward to. I'll be staying in temporary accommodation for the first month, and hopefully will move into a longer term rental after that. I've been told by Oz post office that I can't set up a PO Box from over here, you need to do it in person in an Australian post office.

Using relatives over here to receive the mail and send it to me in Oz, is not a viable option unfortunately.

Any one out there faced a similar problem and managed to find a solution?

Hi, a lot of people use the mail handling companies or virtual addresses, take a look at this one for an idea on how it works and costs http://www.addressmate.com.au/who-we-are/

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

We used my sisters address for the first month but we could have used our temp accomodation addy instead as it turned out. Only problem was is that the reminder also went to my sisters so a few pieces may have gone 'home' instead as we did not extend it when the reminder came. Just changed it when we got our rental and first batch arrived today

Sue

Open your eyes; the world is outside your door

Guest sudzy

Don't get me started on Royal Mail and redirections....

Too late! I've started!!!

While still in the UK I rang them and asked if I could use their "Keepsafe" service until I had a permo address and then have it redirected there. No prpblem, the woman said.

But when I went to set up the redirection I was told no way, absolutely not. So all our mail went back to our old address. The new people there were supposed to drop it off to the estate agents for them to send on. still waiting....

Then I was unable to set up redirection online so had to do it over the phone. This costs extra for some reason. I am raging!

Soz, rant over....!

We're using these guys http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/ because we didnt have anyone in the UK to use and they will hold onto mail & change the redirect address when we eventually move out of the MIL & into our own place here in Aus.

So far so good, we've received our mail a week after them mailing it one. You just need to set up a UK redirection to them.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Do you have any family or close friends who could help out? We just redirected mail to our son's address and asked him to open stuff and see how important it was. Most was junk he could just bin but anything important he could email or Skype us about and ask what to do. In the end, on a very few things actually had to be physically forwarded--usually an email or fax would be enough and save all the lag that two directions of international post added.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

-Dorothy Parker

Guest chrislewis
Do you have any family or close friends who could help out? We just redirected mail to our son's address and asked him to open stuff and see how important it was. Most was junk he could just bin but anything important he could email or Skype us about and ask what to do. In the end, on a very few things actually had to be physically forwarded--usually an email or fax would be enough and save all the lag that two directions of international post added.

we just arrived in Brisbane, we set up with myukpost.com, got all our mail set up to go to them, and they open it and scan it to us everyday... and then forward it all once a month.... only costs a tenner a month, plus they put my post in the royal mail, after i email it to them....