register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest shell85

schools in victoria

Guest shell85

we are moving out to oz in february to victoria and would really like some info on schools in that area? i have a 6 and 3 year old?

Hi and welcome to the forum, Victoria is huge with thousands of schools, do you have any idea which area?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

When you have talked to people on here and heard first hand accounts, and also have an idea of area then try this:

http://www.myschool.edu.au/

It has quite a bit of info on the schools, links to websites and NAPLAN results.

Guest shell85

no have no idea which area am looking for houses to rent in a friendly community with a school close!

Are you looking at Melbourne or regional Victoria, have you a job to come out to?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest shell85

my husband is currntly looking for a job he is an electrician looking for work in mines? know of any good sites he can use to find work or any info atall would be much appreciated

my husband is currntly looking for a job he is an electrician looking for work in mines? know of any good sites he can use to find work or any info atall would be much appreciated

If your husband is looking for work in the mines, WA or Queensland may be your best bet

Are you thinking of the gold mining areas? Or the open cut mines areas of the La Trobe Valley? Not too many mines close to Melb I'm afraid. Schools for primary school aged kids are mostly pretty good, I wouldn't worry too much about that. They don't have to start school until they are 6, most are 5. Usually you have at least a year at kinder first, sometimes 2 years. There is a fee for kinder but not too bad- also for schools, private and public, but not that much for public. You do have to buy their books and uniforms - they don't usually have class sets like they do in some areas of the UK