The Pom Queen

Asda selling Budweiser at 50p a bottle

Is this irresponsible behaviour or is it great news?:wideeyed:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest Sir Les Patterson

That's about twice what it's worth :wink:

I don't drink beer so it doesn't affect me, wish they would bring the price of Malibu down though, I would definitely be interested in stocking up, not that I can drink lol x

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Its another gimmick. I don't think alcohol should be sold at discount in supermarkets anymore. And the super cheap booze I'd like to see off the shelves aswell while they are at it. Foul stuff and too easily obtained by younger people.

Personally I'd rather they sell decent food at any price :cute:

There's something gone far wrong when you can sell a product that needs raw materials planted, farmed, harvested, distributed, and then processed. For cheaper than something which just falls from the sky.

Guest guest37336

As you know Kate I don't drink anymore but went to a well known supermarket the other week to buy some lager to make a shandy for Ruth, it was during our 'hot' spell. :biglaugh:

Anyway, own brand beer, 92 pence for four cans. :shocked: Tasted like poop according to Ruth, but still strong enough to get drunk on.

NO problem with anyone having a good old drink, but something is desperately wrong when it is this cheap.

Cheers Tony.

i heard the supermarkets here arent allowed to sell cheap drink here anymore. i havent actually bought any in ages but when me and dave were in tesco the other night im sure i saw bottles of vodka and malibu for around £19 which is definitely a big price hike, last time i bought drink from supermarket it was usually £12, ill have to go double check, maybe i read the prices wrong lol

Guest guest59177
There's something gone far wrong when you can sell a product that needs raw materials planted, farmed, harvested, distributed, and then processed. For cheaper than something which just falls from the sky.

Errrr what's the one that fell out of the sky??? :confused:

I don't suppose that was the American Budweiser was it? The UK brewed-under-licence? You can get a case or a 'slab' (24 bottles or cans) of full strength beer here for about $1.30-$1.40 a 3/4 pint bottle. Around $33 per case? I don't go to bottle shops much.

Supermarkets don't sell booze although they sometimes have the bottle shop next door but you pay separately. I did go to a place on Bondi Road that sold it all together which is unusual for NSW.

it was the same in america when we were there, you had to go to a seperate place for your drink. when we're in tesco im always sneaking bottles of pear cider in the trolley lol

ok, im off now .............

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x