Electricians

Guest perksy

Hi everyone,

Me my wife and son are emigrating in January to Perth on a 176 Skilled Migrant Visa (granted March 11). I have been looking at jobs on the internet and it seems like there is a lot of work for electricians in Perth and I have even tried applying for a couple of jobs. The only problem that I have found, is that all the jobs request A grade license electricians, basically if you don't have a license don't apply. Has anyone had any luck in applying for a job from the UK or is it best to just go, get a restricted license and then apply for jobs once in Perth?

Thanks guys

Steve

Guest Dan Don

hi steve,

an ozzie company cant employ you if you have not had your skills assessed,if its through vetassess or ARTC,you need either one as a sparks from England or Ireland to get a job sparking.

daniel:arghh:

hi steve,

an ozzie company cant employ you if you have not had your skills assessed,if its through vetassess or ARTC,you need either one as a sparks from England or Ireland to get a job sparking.

daniel:arghh:

can you apply for the license from ireland or do you have to be in australia?

Guest Stephen & Tracy D

Hi there, from a very confused family....

My OH is also an electrician and he has worked on the rigs for about 6 years, he also has rope access level 1. do you need the Alicence to work offshore in OZ? , we are moving to Perth and he has the (ostr) sorry if thats wrong. He would like to work in the mines eventually but may have to work offshore in the meantime. Is there anything we can start doing form the uk? We are looking to move in January, but we are worried that he as not got a job to go to, I understand this may change over the next few weeks, could an offshore company take him on if he doesnt have his Alicence then on his time off he could apply, and does anyone know if working offshore for a company would class as his supervision , if they signed off his work?.

We have so may questions going round in our head its really stressfull. we have the money to get out but not enough to live for months on end without an income, he would even work offshore in Singapore and fly out there or somewhere like that till he got his A licence.

arrgggghhhh! all so confusing, we know he can earn a good wage and i will work once the children are at school, just till it all falls into place its very worrying.

well ill shut up for no ...lol

any replies are gratefully received!! xx