rehanonline83

176 (2-3 Months or 12-24 Months)

DIAC website clearly says that 176 processing time is 12 months (low risk) and 24 months (high risk).

However, my findings on pomsinoz.com and britishexpats.com found that most of the people are managed to get 176 in 2-3 months or even less.

I know mostly they are low risk applicants but still the processing time is reduced significantly.

Also, i never heard even from low risk applicant waiting for 24 months for his/her 176.

Is there anyone to explain what is going on?

How much the low risk factor influence the state sponsorship and 176 processing time?

Cheers..

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - WA SS - Visa Granted on 03/09/2013 - Currently in OZ :P

Is there anyone to explain what is going on?

Simples - they quote the maximum it will take if everything takes the longest it could, the wind is blowing the wrong way, other agencies don't co-operate as quickly as they should and so on and so forth - basically to cover themselves in the worst case scenario.

I would have thought the 'risk factor' plays a part (otherwise why have it?) as high risk will have to have more checks done - although to exactly what extent you would have to ask DIAC I guess.

Moved on a 179 PR visa Feb 2012; Citizenship granted Jan 2016. Settled in Adelaide. Loving it and feel like everyday is paradise compared to life in the UK.

Yes PositivePixie, you could be right but i was counting exceptions as well.

I was wondering if there is anyone whose 176 case is processed in 11th-12th months (Low Risk) or 23rd-24th month (High Risk)?

Anyone??????

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - WA SS - Visa Granted on 03/09/2013 - Currently in OZ :P

well Rehan ... state sponsored visa will only save the time of CO allocation to you ... which is a few weeks in case of state sponsored .... the rest of the process time is same for both i.e. 15-18 months for HR countries and even more for Pakistan ...

Sometimes I think people should be more responsible ... other times I don't think ... :SLEEP:

Yes PositivePixie, you could be right but i was counting exceptions as well.

I was wondering if there is anyone whose 176 case is processed in 11th-12th months (Low Risk) or 23rd-24th month (High Risk)?

Anyone??????

Dont mixup whole 176 with one thing, people from LR who are still waiting for there visa, are of those whose occupations were removed from SOL and later there Occupations were not listed in there respective SPONSORED STATES.

FACT is that, Applicants from HR countries specially PAKISTANI, IRAN and BANGLADESH are facing delay in security checks. As a result minimum time after CO allocation to Medical and PCC call is 12 to 16 Months.

From last 11 Months, I am waiting for my Medical and PCC call. Same is the case with many other Pakistani and Irani applicants.

Take a look at below mentioned thread it will gives you an idea about the TRUE TIME FRAME for HR applicants.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109457-hr-applicants-where-you-now.html

Furthermore you can check below mentioned SPREADSHEET. Pakistani applicants are listed there, download it and calculate current processing duration.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgogun4vvmDdGtQTHNRbVQ2eHdHUFpienYyTUpTcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

176 System Manager applied Oct-09 | Visa Grant Nov. 2011| Landed Feb. 2012 | Citizenship Sep. 2016

Partner Visa for Wife: Applied APR 16 Granted Jul. 18