New VIC SMP - Where Are You Now?

rehanonline83

Mongobear is leaving to OZ, that is why subjected thread is discontinued.

I thought to renew the same thread and find people travelling in the same boat.

So here we go. Please enter your details as follows:

Name:

Date of SMP application:

Trade/profession:

Nationality:

IELTS (if applicable):

Visa type:

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

And this is our color-code:

VIC Sponsorship applied = Blue

VIC Sponsorship approved = Green

VIC Sponsorship rejected = Red

Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Name: Rehan

Date of SMP application: August 17, 2011

Trade/profession: Electrical Engineer (Smart Metering/ Energy Management)

Nationality: Pakistani

IELTS (if applicable): 8.5/8/7/7.5 (Overall: 8)

Visa type: 176 VIC SS

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Group-3

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: I have been told to wait till the outcome of the application.

Guest VickyMel

Not on the SS Visa boat anymore myself - but bumping you up - really pleased to see someone take on the VIC SS thread as it is really helpful to know what is happening at VIC - they are one of the states that can be really hard to guess at what is happening unless you have a thread like this.

Good luck with it Rehan and the SS

Vicky

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the site? I tried to register for an account to start my application but then it prompted me to validate by clicking on a link that would be sent to me by email. Problem is, I never received the link, and I tried it with 2 different email addresses - once in the morning and once in the evening, and never received a link to confirm my account, hence, can't continue. Somebody must be having some serious issues with their PHP programming :no:

Guest VickyMel
@Vicky

How long did you VIC SS took back in 2009? Was is still the same as 11 weeks now?

Back in 2009 the web site said it would take 11 weeks - it always seems to say something like that - however the reality was that back then (and maybe still now) they used industrial panels to make the final decision so we all tended to hear back from VIC in groups of occupation types. That is one of the reasons having the VIC SS thread was so useful.

Ours took 16 weeks - some people took 5 weeks one person took almost 6 months (an occupation that had not seen before and so did not have a panel set up and ready).

On Uli's thread it was a bit different because the government stopped the SS for a while and then suddenly it all started again and so it was hard to tell.

I think that you will probably start to see patterns once more people join the thread and start getting SS's.

Back in 2009 the web site said it would take 11 weeks - it always seems to say something like that - however the reality was that back then (and maybe still now) they used industrial panels to make the final decision so we all tended to hear back from VIC in groups of occupation types. That is one of the reasons having the VIC SS thread was so useful.

Ours took 16 weeks - some people took 5 weeks one person took almost 6 months (an occupation that had not seen before and so did not have a panel set up and ready).

On Uli's thread it was a bit different because the government stopped the SS for a while and then suddenly it all started again and so it was hard to tell.

I think that you will probably start to see patterns once more people join the thread and start getting SS's.

Are you sure they still use industrial panels or experts to make final decision against VIC SS application? If someone has already his occupation in SMP list and is assessed by relevant authorities, then why still panel is needed for the approval the same.

Anyway, nowadays mostly it is done in 11weeks (I GUESS).

Rarely i have seen some cases where SS is accomplished in 3-4 weeks.

Guest VickyMel
Are you sure they still use industrial panels or experts to make final decision against VIC SS application? If someone has already his occupation in SMP list and is assessed by relevant authorities, then why still panel is needed for the approval the same.

Anyway, nowadays mostly it is done in 11weeks (I GUESS).

Rarely i have seen some cases where SS is accomplished in 3-4 weeks.

I am not up to date on what is happening at all these days I don't follow it any more so have no idea - what I am saying relates to my experience 2009/10. It really is only through threads like this that you will find out what is happening now.

Back then they used the industrial panel and even if you applied with the skills on the SS list we found that they refused about a third of applications even when people had excellent experience within the listed occupation. This was also in a time when there was no "quota" system which there is now.

So for example if you were an electrician with 15 years experience and electrician was on the occupation list you might find that the industrial panel makes the decision that - yes we want electricians - however what the job market is looking for is electricians with about 2-5 years experience - and they say no to the guy with 15 years experience.

VIC was one of the states even before quotas came in that was quite selective - now they have a quota system, if there are more applications than spaces, I would expect that they will be more picky about who gets given SS.

We sometimes saw people getting SS in a week or two - but they were usually occupations in the medical trade.

If people start adding to this thread you will then get the best idea and information on what is actually occurring - good luck with it.