londonpaul

Why the Australian women are racist when come to mix relationships and marriages comp

What makes you say that? I don't think they are.

My husband is Asian and I'm a 'white (Skip) Aussie'

Not the ones I know. Its very common now just like everywhere else.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Aren't 'mixed' relationships against the law in Australia? Just like same-sex relationships. And of course the worst taboo of all is the combination of the two.

Why, just last Saturday, in Goulburn St., right outside the Sydney Police Centre for God's sake, I passed a couple of young guys, one white, the other Asian, BRAZENLY holding hands. And then, would you believe it, I turned right into Crown St, and saw two GIRLS, also just as brazenly holding hands!

Guest EukiBear

They aren't.

Plenty of Aussies in mixed relationships.

EukiBear

What do I know of course? Why, last night, I asked a Vietnamese bloke what part of Korea he was from?

Luckily, he was an 'Aussie' one and he just said, 'No worries, mate, I know we all look the same to you!

He was the third Vietnamese who told me that 'An' Restaurant in Bankstown is the best place to go for Vietnamese food - best noodles in Australia. Even the Vietnamese from Cabramatta go there.

Guest guest59177
What do I know of course? Why, last night, I asked a Vietnamese bloke what part of Korea he was from?

Luckily, he was an 'Aussie' one and he just said, 'No worries, mate, I know we all look the same to you!

He was the third Vietnamese who told me that 'An' Restaurant in Bankstown is the best place to go for Vietnamese food - best noodles in Australia. Even the Vietnamese from Cabramatta go there.

Errrrrrrrr I don't think the OP wanted to discuss 'foodie' kinda mixed relationships :biglaugh:

Errrrrrrrr I don't think the OP wanted to discuss 'foodie' kinda mixed relationships :biglaugh:

Perhaps food is a kind of metaphor, if that is the right word? for Mixed relationships - what happens if one likes to eat 'breakfast with chips three times a day - Pommie heaven' whilst the the other wants to eat 'anything BUT breakfast with chips?'

And having just returned from a 3/4 hour's stroll around Surry HIlls, passing all the packed cafes & pubs, which serve an 'A to Z' of varieties of food to an 'A to Z' of varieties of humanity, it's hard to imagine somewhere else in the world less 'mixed' than Sydney!

My God, if I see a white man and woman with two white kids I sometimes feel like asking them which part of the UK they are from!

Guest guest59177
Perhaps food is a kind of metaphor, if that is the right word? for Mixed relationships - what happens if one likes to eat 'breakfast with chips three times a day - Pommie heaven' whilst the the other wants to eat 'anything BUT breakfast with chips?'

And having just returned from a 3/4 hour's stroll around Surry HIlls, passing all the packed cafes & pubs, which serve an 'A to Z' of varieties of food to an 'A to Z' of varieties of humanity, it's hard to imagine somewhere else in the world less 'mixed' than Sydney!

My God, if I see a white man and woman with two white kids I sometimes feel like asking them which part of the UK they are from!

Well, from what you said earlier, somebody could've mistaken the FOOD itself to be the OH in the 'mixed' relationship :biggrin:

Well, from what you said earlier, somebody could've mistaken the FOOD itself to be the OH in the 'mixed' relationship :biggrin:

I suppose it depends upon one's relationship with one's food? Is it purely platonic or does sex rear its ugly head?

I was looking at the title of the thread too and I'm still not quite sure what he is saying? That Aussie women are more racist than Aussie blokes when it comes to choosing partners? That they only want to marry white blokes whilst the Aussie blokes are more than happy to chug off to Thailand or The Phillipines in search of love? When does personal choice stop and racism start?

Guest guest59177
I suppose it depends upon one's relationship with one's food? Is it purely platonic or does sex rear its ugly head?

I was looking at the title of the thread too and I'm still not quite sure what he is saying? That Aussie women are more racist than Aussie blokes when it comes to choosing partners? That they only want to marry white blokes whilst the Aussie blokes are more than happy to chug off to Thailand or The Phillipines in search of love? When does personal choice stop and racism start?

I know quite a few british guys who've married with a japanese or a filipino girl. There DEFINITELY is a trend I'm telling you...

I know quite a few british guys who've married with a japanese or a filipino girl. There DEFINITELY is a trend I'm telling you...

Japanese girls don't like marrying Japanese blokes any more than Aussie girls want to marry Aussie blokes!

Funny that? Japanese girls like the way that white guys treat them better, don't expect them to stay at home and cook and housekeep.

I saw an article about it somewhere.

It took awhile but I think over time it has gained far greater acceptance. Years ago there was a bit of a thing with regards to Aussie men unable to find a local to marry finding a mail order bride or a Thai or Philippina bar/call girl to fit the role.

Don't think that is totally forgotton but somewhat deminished. Still not the degree of mixed couples as a place like London but much improved.

Japanese girls don't like marrying Japanese blokes any more than Aussie girls want to marry Aussie blokes!

Funny that? Japanese girls like the way that white guys treat them better, don't expect them to stay at home and cook and housekeep.

I saw an article about it somewhere.

Difference being also of course is Japanese society is far more homogenious than Australian. Hence it is also 'cool' to have a different race boyfriend for some girls there.

Don't know if still the case but a decade and a half ago there was a thing for black guys. Usually American servicemen.....shock value pointing out how different the girl is to the comforming majority around her i expect.

Depends where you came from in UK. My UK was far more diverse than anything I have witnessed in Australia.

Guest sh7t man no way

aye aussie women are a funny lot:no:they dont seem 2 like anything none Australian--most of them are pretty fit though (australian women)--but far 2 shallow 2 fill my needs i feel:wubclub:

Its a two way street, with multiculturalism, there tends to be less inter marriage I believe, especially those that choose to stay within their culture.

You do not know who is who anyway in Aus because Migrants have been here so long they are all mixed up anyway.

Two of my neighbours are in mixed race marriages. My friend's niece is married to a Korean guy, her son is involved with a Japanese girl. My daughter goes out with a mixed race guy. My cousin is married to a Japanese lady.

I myself am in a mixed race marriage, I am English and he is Scots :laugh:

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

So, Japan is the most homogenous, then Australia, then the UK? Are we allowed to speculate which is the best and which is the worst I wonder, depending of course, on what kind of 'barometer' you are using to measure 'best' and 'worse?'

is Japan the most or the least racist society, for example? Is there a 'right' or 'wrong' even? Is 'homogenous' a 'good' word or a 'bad' word? I just checked it in the dictionary by the way, lucky I did as there is no 'i'! I thought there was but it did not look 'quite' right!

Now, I must go to the beach to contemplate this question and also to consider whether I am more a 'sarcastic' person, or a 'sardonic' person?

I thought that 'sardonic' was more fitting? I mean, I'm not cruel am I?

Aren't 'mixed' relationships against the law in Australia? Just like same-sex relationships. And of course the worst taboo of all is the combination of the two.

Why, just last Saturday, in Goulburn St., right outside the Sydney Police Centre for God's sake, I passed a couple of young guys, one white, the other Asian, BRAZENLY holding hands. And then, would you believe it, I turned right into Crown St, and saw two GIRLS, also just as brazenly holding hands!

What, people of the same sex holding hands in Sydney Maryrose? Never! LOL:laugh:

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

aye aussie women are a funny lot:no:they dont seem 2 like anything none Australian--most of them are pretty fit though (australian women)--but far 2 shallow 2 fill my needs i feel:wubclub:

Are quite sure that you have been 'fishing' in the 'deep end?'

Guest sh7t man no way

Are quite sure that you have been 'fishing' in the 'deep end?'
not with my tackle mate:wink:love em really--especially my aussie mate olly:wideeyed:a fine aussie lady indeed:wubclub:

Shi7man you have been drinking too much of that warm beer my friend !

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams