register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Mickins

IKEA in Sydney set up daycare for men

Guest Mickins

The IKEA store in Sydney has set up "Manland", a daycare for men who are fed up of shopping with their partner. They can play the xbox, eat hot dogs and watch sports, while the women go shopping.

Why couldn't they continue this? Everyone wins in the end.

SetWidth200-ikea-manland.png

That's a great idea, we could have a hubby creche in all stores.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest guest59177

Errrrrrrr must children by potty trained before you can leave them in daycare??

Which leads to the next question. Must men be...???

Thats a really good idea, wish they had them over here! Nothing worse than a man trailing around with you when your shopping!

Guest stevenw8971
Thats a really good idea, wish they had them over here! Nothing worse than a man trailing around with you when your shopping!

We are just trying to make sure you don't spend too much on things u don't need:wink:

The IKEA store in Sydney has set up a 'WIMPLAND' daycare for men who are fed up of shopping with their partner. They can play the xbox, eat hot dogs and watch sports, while the women go shopping.

Why couldn't they continue this? Everyone wins in the end.

SetWidth200-ikea-manland.png

That is S.A.D! I bet it's full of the drippiest set of blokes you could imagine, pretending they are enjoying a bit of 'man-time.'

Why do they need to go at all? Can't the wives just take the car (and the credit card) and leave the poor sod at home (or preferably at the pub) in peace!

I've never been to IKEA but I am rapidly moving it up to challenge Bunnings - aka B & Q Downunder - to Number One Worst shopping experience in the World.

I am finally starting to get 'Bill's' joke about 'the young bloke who used to go to Bunnings at the weekend when he needed something but now that he is married he just goes to Bunnings!'

We have been to IKEA twice in the past three weeks and will be going again on Wednesday to return something that is yet again faulty. Mustn't let oh see this, I'll have no one to carry my big yellow bag!

There's a bloke in Sydney who has set up a very successful business putting Ikea stuff together for people who can't do it themselves. I heard about it on 2GB one time!

We are just trying to make sure you don't spend too much on things u don't need:wink:

i tend to not mind them being there as much if they are paying for it lol :laugh:

There's a bloke in Sydney who has set up a very successful business putting Ikea stuff together for people who can't do it themselves. I heard about it on 2GB one time!

theres lots of people here that do that