Private and State schools

Guest Cheeseman

Guest Cheeseman

Hi Guys, we will be moving to Brisbane, Redlands area, as a family around January time, just in time for the New school year.

We are in the process of looking for a school to send our 2 daughters aged (on time of arrival) 9 and 6.

We are looking to live in the Cleveland/Wellington point areas, and were just wondering if any of you can recommend schools around there.

We have had contact with St Mary MacKillop Primary School, but were just interested in any others that might be suitable.

Cheers

Hello - we live in the Redlands area and have 3 girls a school locally! I think it really depends on what your expectations are with regards to schools and your financial situation with regards to paying school fees etc.

When we moved up from Sydney 3.5 years ago, two of mine went to a local state school and my eldest went to the private school. I was not impressed by the local state school at all. However, I know others who are very happy with the same school.

All mine are now at Ormiston College and we love it. I have no complaints about the school at all and would certainly recommend it.

If you are looking at other private schools then I would look at Redlands College in Wellington Point, Sheldon College in Sheldon, Faith Lutheran and Victoria Point and the Moreton Bay College in Wynnum.

Both Redlands and Faith are Christian based schools, and religion is a compulsory subject to study. If you have looked at Mary Mckillop then you are obviously happy with a Christian education.

I hope that helps. Please shout if you want any more info about the area.

Take care

Rudi

x