Oz To Spain

LojaChica

Hi Bob

I spoke to you in the UK way back in 2007 regarding shipping my 18yo & 11yo Dogs...........You were so helpful and reassuring as my vet wouldn't pass the elder one fit to fly! (Even though she was fit he wouldn't put his name to her age) I have never forgotten your kind words in what was extremely difficult circumstances :(So......THANK YOU!

Anyway my girls passed away in Sept & Dec 2008 and we adopted 2 Aussie silky terriers the following year and we would like to take them to Spain!

Could you please advise if they will need the Rabies Vaccine.......and should we just contact your website to obtain a quote or do you only deal with animals leaving the UK?

Many thanks in advance

Joanne

Dear Joanne

We cant help from other countries only out of UK. There is a really good and reasonable shipper in Australia called Dogtainers who would be my first point of contact if I were flying pets out of Australia - give them a call. We always deal with Errol who is great, but I think he works with domestic movements rather than overseas journeys.

Sorry to hear about your oldies, but it sounds like your silkies have landed on their feet as i am sure they will be massively spoilt!

Take care and if we can help let us know.

Thank You BOTH for your kind words...........Gosh, when I look back now it was just the worst time........Do I go or do I stay etc etc...........The 18yo had been with me for all of my/her life (Found her on a cycle path, tied to a tree with 6 pups)....the 11yo (3 legs, rescued from my visits as a Community Midwife, been kept in a bedroom, with a cat for the first year of her life, had a broken leg, just hanging when I found her, had to have it amputated).....anyway after spending the whole night before we flew to Oz crying my best Friend offered to have my Girls......what a Godsend......I left the next day with a "slightly" happier heart however I'll never forget how the younger one looked at me when I said Goodbye.............You'll All think I'm "barking" lol but I talked to them over the phone for the next few months and they "wagged" "barked" "ran in circles" etc etc and I KNEW they were happy..............then the call came...........heartbreaking as I knew it would be............then the second call, only a matter of months later.....I am positive they existed as a PAIR :( THEN a year later after doing Voluntary work with the Sydney Cats & Dogs Home I came across my 2 Silkies.......Came in to the home as a pack of 6 found wandering in the City......They were the only 2 that survived.....I am a great believer of "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be" WHY that day was I volunteering......Why them....Hell I don't know BUT I can only say I was struggling in OZ with my Girls loss, homesickness etc etc and for me.......It was like the missing piece in the jigsaw! THEY, not forgetting my Girls have made my life complete in Australia...............and for that I will ever be thankful...........NOW a new chapter in our lives is beginning............we own a home in Spain and we are going to scatter the Girls ashes in our Olive Grove so they are always with us :) Just need to say THANK YOU to Ali on PIO who was a massive support at that sad time also x Well people...........don't know why I felt the need to share the whole story there?? Theraputic maybe? Bob.....you are a diamond....thanks for being there for us and I'll let you know how I get on with Dogtainers......Hope I haven't bored you peeps :)

• 2 weeks later...