Justice for the hillsborough disaster

Guest Guest 47403

Guest Guest16631

......................for the 96 people who died.................The Justice Bell...................

by Dave Kirby

A schoolboy holds a leather ball

in a photograph on a bedroom wall

the bed is made, the curtains drawn

as silence greets the break of dawn.

The dusk gives way to morning light

revealing shades of red and white

which hang from posters locked in time

of the Liverpool team of 89.

Upon a pale white quilted sheet

a football kit is folded neat

with a yellow scarf, trimmed with red

and some football boots beside the bed.

In hope, the room awakes each day

to see the boy who used to play

but once again it wakes alone

for this young boy's not coming home.

Outside, the springtime fills the air

the smell of life is everywhere

viola's bloom and tulips grow

while daffodils dance heel to toe.

These should have been such special times

for a boy who'd now be in his prime

but spring forever turned to grey

in theYorkshire sun, one April day.

The clock was locked on 3.06

as sun shone down upon the pitch

lighting up faces etched in pain

as death descended on Leppings Lane.

Between the bars an arm is raised

amidst a human tidal wave

a young hand yearning to be saved

grows weak inside this deathly cage.

A boy not barely in his teens

is lost amongst the dying screams

a body too frail to fight for breath

is drowned below a sea of death

His outstretched arm then disappears

to signal fourteen years of tears

as 96 souls of those who fell

await the toll of the justice bell.

Ever since that disastrous day

a vision often comes my way

I reach and grab his outstretched arm

then pull him up away from harm.

We both embrace with tear-filled eyes

I then awake to realise

its the same old dream I have each week

as I quietly cry myself to sleep.

On April the 15th every year

when all is calm and skies are clear

beneath a glowing Yorkshire moon

a lone scots piper plays a tune.

The tune rings out the justice cause

then blows due west across the moors

it passes by the eternal flame

then engulfs a young boys picture frame.

His room is as it was that day

for thirteen years its stayed that way

untouched and frozen forever in time

since that tragic day in 89.

And as it plays its haunting sound

tears are heard from miles around

they're tears from families of those who fell

awaiting the toll of the justice bell......................................One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only the truth."Voltaire

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Upthesaddlers

The Police were in charge of crowd control. There was no trouble. The Police failed badly.

Why did they not delay the kick off, it was their call.

What has Alcohol got to do with it anyway?

Football fans like myself who used to travel to away games all over the country know how bad the Police are. I've seen Police punching fans for merely standing up briefly. The Police are the trouble makers. They get away with it every week all over the country.

This happened only last Saturday at Man City v Villa

Guest guest57588

Thanks Pabs for your contribution to this thread. You expressed my views better than I ever could. Some onlookers may feel that the bereaved, the survivors, and those of us who managed to walk away that day should leave it alone. Some say that too much time has gone by and that the events of that day should remain in the past. That for me would be akin to letting grass grow on the graves of the dead. They, their families and all those affected by that terrible day deserve to have the truth told, no matter how painful it might be.

Guest guest37336
Thanks Pabs for your contribution to this thread. You expressed my views better than I ever could. Some onlookers may feel that the bereaved, the survivors, and those of us who managed to walk away that day should leave it alone. Some say that too much time has gone by and that the events of that day should remain in the past. That for me would be akin to letting grass grow on the graves of the dead. They, their families and all those affected by that terrible day deserve to have the truth told, no matter how painful it might be.

It's a very contentious issue issue mate, but to my mind the 'Statute Of Limitations' (Don't know what the UK version is mate,:embarrassed:) should never apply to seeking justice.:no:

No matter how many years go by justice has to be seen to be served. If not, it is akin to admonishing ourselves of any responsibility to live in an ordered and compassionate society/world.

Cheers Tony.

Dont really know enough of the in's and out's of this tragic event but like pablo says if it were my lad that got crushed to death while watching a football match then i would want to know who ultimatley was responsible even though it would not bring my son back. Their appears to have been some short sighted views on this thread and maybe people should remember that all those people died in a terrible way and it should not be swept under the carpet or covered up in any way.

Thanks mate,look,we know nobody "in general" outside of our city and our supporters are interested in Hillsborough,"some" are,BAZ is a villa fan for instance,and thx btw Baz,but in general its been "our" fight for 22 years,and we'l go on fighting forever it thats what it takes.

Obstacles and lies have been placed in the way of the truth for all those yrs,the ignorance shown by some on this thread can be multiplied a million fold when applied to the population of Britain alone,let alone the rest of the world.

The lies started at 3.15 that day,9 minutes after the match was called off,Duckinfield told Graham Taylor of the FA "the lpool fans burst thru gates",it turned out duckinfield ordered them open,that was the first lie of the orchestrated smear campaign,while people were still dying on the pitch!

Then we had mckenzie and news international publishing the fans "urinated on the dead and dying,stole from them,attacked a police officer",not ONE source was named,the very thought that ANY fan of ANY team would do that is unbelievable,the other fans would lynch them!!some people are that naive they believed it,some do to this day!

WHY wont they publish all the hundreds of altered police statements? why wont news international name the "sources" ,because it was lies.

The 96 dead was bad enuf for the club and city to deal with,but we might have got over that eventually,what we WONT get over or forgive and forget is the smear campaign and lies to shift the blame,adding insult to tragedy,we will go on fighting till names come out,if others arent interested thats up to them,we havnt asked anyone else to sympathise or get involved,our voice has been strong enuf,and the truth WILL out.

This last few yrs tho there has been support from others,and were gratefull,especially to Glasgow Celtic fans for their ongoing support,amongst others.:notworthy:

A short vid(the sounds bad, soz) on what causes the concerns and anger from the HFSG and HJC and Lpool fans in general,altho theres better docu's out there ive posted a short one so as not to bore everyone,so if yer cba have a look,if not...san fairy ann,THIS is why we WONT let it go,no matter how much the subject bores others,and no matter that successive gvnmts have wanted us to

[YOUTUBE]YV0i6YO-L6I[/YOUTUBE]

Its easy just saying 96,but heres the faces to go with the number,the youngest,John Paul Gilhooley(Steven Gerrards cousin)10 YOA,still blood tested for alcohol by S/Yorkshire police when dead!!!!

Sarah and Victoris Hicks,19 and 15,whose father had them both in front of him on the pitch at Hillsborough,dead or dying,ONE ambulance on the pitch,overloaded with bodies,and he had to choose which daughter to squeeze into the ambulance.....

The other daughter he tried to revive by sucking the vomit from her mouth to allow her to breathe,but no luck,she died,IF the other 41 ambulances had been allowed into the stadium how many could've survived???

Heres the faces to the number 96 if yer interested,did the authorities ever think we'd stop fighting for these people??? faces are harder to block from the memory than numbers(to me anyway),and one day we WILL get the truth,no matter how much it might bore others,we CANT forget these people and never will,untill we get the truth,one day we will,thats certain,and one day mckenzie might get what he deserves...

[YOUTUBE]lGsK1fx8t18[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...
A short vid(the sounds bad, soz) on what causes the concerns and anger from the HFSG and HJC and Lpool fans in general,altho theres better docu's out there ive posted a short one so as not to bore everyone,so if yer cba have a look,if not...san fairy ann,THIS is why we WONT let it go,no matter how much the subject bores others,and no matter that successive gvnmts have wanted us to

[YOUTUBE]YV0i6YO-L6I[/YOUTUBE]

Its easy just saying 96,but heres the faces to go with the number,the youngest,John Paul Gilhooley(Steven Gerrards cousin)10 YOA,still blood tested for alcohol by S/Yorkshire police when dead!!!!

Sarah and Victoris Hicks,19 and 15,whose father had them both in front of him on the pitch at Hillsborough,dead or dying,ONE ambulance on the pitch,overloaded with bodies,and he had to choose which daughter to squeeze into the ambulance.....

The other daughter he tried to revive by sucking the vomit from her mouth to allow her to breathe,but no luck,she died,IF the other 41 ambulances had been allowed into the stadium how many could've survived???

Heres the faces to the number 96 if yer interested,did the authorities ever think we'd stop fighting for these people??? faces are harder to block from the memory than numbers(to me anyway),and one day we WILL get the truth,no matter how much it might bore others,we CANT forget these people and never will,untill we get the truth,one day we will,thats certain,and one day mckenzie might get what he deserves...

[YOUTUBE]lGsK1fx8t18[/YOUTUBE]

It's sad mate but my mate was a copper on Leppings lane T the piggery , there was a fence on the road there was a mass crush there they took the decision to open the gates therefore creatin the bottleneck and everybody cramming in that Gate is so if a full house they can alleviate and stop it . There was a serious problem on Leppings lane and his lad was In there with

My. Cousin

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-31.631985,115.702658

It's sad mate but my mate was a copper on Leppings lane T the piggery , there was a fence on the road there was a mass crush there they took the decision to open the gates therefore creatin the bottleneck and everybody cramming in that Gate is so if a full house they can alleviate and stop it . There was a serious problem on Leppings lane and his lad was In there with

My. Cousin

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-31.631985,115.702658

There WAS a build up of fans outside Mally,as happens at loads of stadiums,but 96 people didnt die at them,previous yrs semi finals had been policed in different ways so no crushing "outside",i think it was Duckinfields first semi final?

Other teams had played semi finals there and complained of severe crushing in the Leppings lane in previous yrs as well dont forget,plus it would be nice to know who gave the order NOT to allow 41 ambulances into the stadium.

Opening the gate we can understand,we can also understand mistakes happen,even tragic ones that cost lives,what we cant understand is Duckinfield not giving an order to divert the fans away from the first pens they came across on entrance,IE the already overcrowded central pens,thats all it needed,they could see how overcrowded they were with their own eyes,and in the police control box.

There was an estimated 3 thousand in each central pen,the ground safety certificate (that had ran out btw!!),allowed for 2 thousand,after the deaths the HSE done their survey of the Leppings lane they said it was only fit to hold 1600 because the crush barriers were inferior quality.

So put simply ,if the fans had been directed towards the "half empty" side pens it wouldnt have happened

Anyway,theres loads more to it than that,tbh Mally its not something i like discussing with people unless they've looked into it a lot,so i only really talk about it with fellow reds "mainly",we'l see what comes out of the Hillsborough Independent Panels inquiry mate.

I have my own thoughts,bit too emotive for me to discuss on here tbh,just wanted to reply to a cpl of comments on the thread thats all,i'd sooner swerve the subject untill the findings are published,and leave it at that for now.

• 4 weeks later...

A sad day for all concerned, being from that end of Sheffield much was said locally about the incident. Liverpool fans did turn up late, many had been drinking in the locals with many not turning out of them till almost KO, many without tickets, but the Police and local officials also made mistakes with the gates and turnstiles. As usual the innocent are always the ones to pay. The people involved will have to live with themselves because of it and that includes officials and fans alike.

Guest guest57588
A sad day for all concerned, being from that end of Sheffield much was said locally about the incident. Liverpool fans did turn up late, many had been drinking in the locals with many not turning out of them till almost KO, many without tickets, but the Police and local officials also made mistakes with the gates and turnstiles. As usual the innocent are always the ones to pay. The people involved will have to live with themselves because of it and that includes officials and fans alike.

Yeah, I've read the lies and smear stories that The Sheffield Star printed about Liverpool fans in the weeks and months after the disaster. Upset that one of your clubs and their death-trap of a ground had been criticised were we, or just bigoted and uninformed like so many others?.

Tell me, did you not read any of Pablo's posts earlier on this thread?. It might be a good idea to educate yourself before you contribute to a thread like this again in the future. Instead of just casually regurgitating what you read in The S*n or your local rag.

Happens every week at every major football match though...you use the word many a lot! but you forgot to mention the MANY that had genuine delays getting to the ground that day!!! more than enough to maybe get the kick off delayed perhaps????