Sign in to follow this  
Guest vickchick70

How long to get CO ?

Guest vickchick70

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a CO and then after that roughly how long it takes to get a visa ?

Only applied 2 weeks ago but too excited to be patient !!

Guest tullyfolk
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a CO and then after that roughly how long it takes to get a visa ?

Only applied 2 weeks ago but too excited to be patient !!

Hi there, I recently applied as well, on the 14th Oct. I waited 10 days & called to check when a CO would be assigned - then got an email 2 hours later from the new CO. They told me it usually takes 10-14 days for the CO to be assigned. The CO sends you an introductory email (all standardised text) which tells you it usually takes 5-6 months as long as there are no complications/complex circumstances. It seems to take a LOT longer if you are from a 'high risk' country (like Pakistan for eg.). Hope it helps...

Guest vickchick70

Hi - that does help A LOT !! Thankyou. Sounds like it could be anyday then !! Out of interest how did you know who to phone ??

Guest tullyfolk
Hi - that does help A LOT !! Thankyou. Sounds like it could be anyday then !! Out of interest how did you know who to phone ??

I just spoke to whomever answered the phone - they asked what my details were to confirm that I was in the system, saw that I hadn't yet been allocated a CO, and it must have been passed on after that. Everyone has been really helpful, but they do seem super-busy (I waited on hold quite a while) - so I think I won't push my luck and call them too often.

Based on other posts, COs don't contact us much, just to request anything additional as the processing moves along. It seems like there are long periods where they don't contact you at all, which I'm sure will be frustrating - but this is just a waiting game! Good luck with your application & your eventual move to Australia. I can't wait !!

Guest vickchick70

Thanks and Good luck for you too !!