457- how much should agent's fees be?

Guest Ozbound101

Guest Ozbound101

HI there,

Can you guys share your experiences of UK-based agent's and their fees please?

They seem to vary wildly...Is there an average rate?

In the case of a 457, if you went with an agent, how much did you pay?

Thank you for any and all feedback,

OzB

Guest guest59652

My advice - do not have a migration agent for a 457. It's only a temporary visa. You should be able to do your bit online and your sponsors will do theirs. Seriously do it yourself, save some dollars for when you get here - its damn expensive compared to the uk let me tell ya!!!

Guest Ozbound101

Thanks for the info - I'm paying my agent £2800 for a 176 visa application, and now they're asking for another 600 pounds to process the 457 visa. I'm just wondering if this is a fair price to charge?

Thanks again

ours charged us 400 to change the visa as well

my hubby was livid ...just to change the form...

but he paid in the end

would haggling for a lower price be an option?

or is that too demeaning?

i would ask for a lower price but thats just me , hubby would be mortified but thats just him

Guest guest59652

I cannot quite believe people are paying agents for 457 visas. I cannot understand why - are the sponsors contributing to any of this. The 457 is not difficult to do. I can understand for a permanent visa where a lot is at stake.

I cannot quite believe people are paying agents for 457 visas. I cannot understand why - are the sponsors contributing to any of this. The 457 is not difficult to do. I can understand for a permanent visa where a lot is at stake.

I agree. The part of the employee is quite straightforward. The sponsors part is more complicated but the agent has nothing to do with this do they?

Guest Ozbound101

I feel quite happy to fill in the paperwork myself fot the 457, the agent seems to have just plucked 600 quid out of thin air...I would have thought that the employer's HR people help with the visa at the applicant's stage too..but i'll have to wait and see.

Even 400 would have been a little more reasonable...but 600..nope.