"Medium Availability" Occupation

Guest Kalinka

Guest Kalinka

Hi there,

Does anybody know what it means if the occupation on the State Migration Plan has gone to "Medium Availability"? Does it mean they filled their quota for that occupation by 50% or more, or less?

Guest Kalinka

Any idea, somebody? Can't believe that as soon as I was ready to apply for SS, my occupation changed to "medium availability"! Sooo worried now!

Hi there,

Does anybody know what it means if the occupation on the State Migration Plan has gone to "Medium Availability"? Does it mean they filled their quota for that occupation by 50% or more, or less?

I don't know what the answer to that question is, but me being you - if I see my occupation as "medium availability" I'd forget the questions and apply as soon as I can.

Guest Kalinka
Kalinka,

Can i ask you what your occupation is?

Program & Project Administrator, it only changed to "medium" on Monday om SA SMP.

What is your occupation Dani5? Which state are you hoping to go to?

I don't know what the answer to that question is, but me being you - if I see my occupation as "medium availability" I'd forget the questions and apply as soon as I can.

i agree!! can you contact an agent and get some advice? what you need to know more than anything is if you can still go ahead with your 176.... hope it all goes well, good luck!!!

Guest Kalinka

I already did (online), documents are with the courier, should be in Adelaide tomorrow (fingers crossed)! But with their current processing times I am worried my occupation may be filled by the time my turn comes...

Program & Project Administrator, it only changed to "medium" on Monday om SA SMP.

What is your occupation Dani5? Which state are you hoping to go to?

children's nurse.. hoping to go to Brisbane in June on a WHV while our 175 is being processed - fingers crossed all goes well!! i really hope you can still go ahead as planned, i'm sure you can... as long as you get it in quick?!?

Guest Kalinka
children's nurse.. hoping to go to Brisbane in June on a WHV while our 175 is being processed - fingers crossed all goes well!! i really hope you can still go ahead as planned, i'm sure you can... as long as you get it in quick?!?

Yeah, I understand that 175 is a long wait; it's great when you are young enough to be able to get a WHV! :)

I've already applied for SS, now waiting for the docs to be received by SA so that I will be put in the queue for my applicayion to be processed. Just concerned that by the time they get to my paperwork there will be no quota left for my occupation! :(

Yeah, I understand that 175 is a long wait; it's great when you are young enough to be able to get a WHV! :)

I've already applied for SS, now waiting for the docs to be received by SA so that I will be put in the queue for my applicayion to be processed. Just concerned that by the time they get to my paperwork there will be no quota left for my occupation! :(

you're really lucky that you were at the point to send it all off. If would have been more of a problem if it was later..

yes it is such a long wait for the 175 so we decided to go out there on a WHV and have a bit of an adventure, travel round and see if we can maybe find jobs - not sure how easy that it but we can always try :-)

where is it you're hoping to go?

Mine changed from 'high availability' to 'no availability' in 1 day with SA. Hopefully you stand a better chance than me but worth a phone call to check I suggest - that's what I did. Any other states you can try?

Yeah, but you got NSW - I hear it's extremely hard to get in there, not to mention Victoria.

:eek:

I was monitoring SA SMP everyday. My position Systems Administrator changed to "Medium Availability" and it only last one month then it changed to low last week. Then after a week it's now closed.

I am very lucky to get my State Sponsorship from SA, one week before it close.

I was really worried. I emailed them Oct 5 whether the processing time of 176 is different from 475. October 6 my online status now have "Application Decision: Waiting". Then Oct 7 approved.

Last August 4, I was granted 176 Visa in just two weeks though they just recently open that time. It expires because I lack 5pts back then.

Guest Kalinka
Mine changed from 'high availability' to 'no availability' in 1 day with SA. Hopefully you stand a better chance than me but worth a phone call to check I suggest - that's what I did. Any other states you can try?

I see you applied to NSW for state sponsorship. I find their website not very helpful, could you possibly direct me or post a link to where I can find the list of occupations NSW sponsor - the site says they've got 138 occupations on their plan but where are they listed?? Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi Kalinka

Yes, the site is not that friendly this is true!

The list you probably want is:

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/5788/STNI-Update-List-of-Occupations-22.09.11.pdf

The 138 occupations on their list is a little misleading if you are looking for sponsorship for the 176 permanent visa since it also includes skilled regional migration.

In terms of the 176, they have updated this a few days ago and added a few more occupations.

Details can be found on this webpage:

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-sponsored-migration

'View the selection criteria for the following sectors"

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/5788/STNI-Update-List-of-Occupations-22.09.11.pdf

For Skilled Regional Migration

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-regional-migration

"opportunities in Regional NSW"

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/6260/regional_nsw_20110819.pdf

This article also explains the difference and recent changes quite well

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/news/12-10-2011/new-occupations-to-nsw-list-for-skilled-australia-visa.aspx

Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kalinka, have you got your sponsorship by now?

Thanks!

Guest Kalinka
Hi Kalinka, have you got your sponsorship by now?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, not yet - thank you for asking. Today marks 2 weeks since all my documents were received by SA but not a whisper from them. Although, to be fair to them, they did say that their process had now slowed down due to the number of applications and it now could take up to 8 weeks for state sponsorship to get considered/approved, but I still secretly hope that it might be sooner... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, not yet - thank you for asking. Today marks 2 weeks since all my documents were received by SA but not a whisper from them. Although, to be fair to them, they did say that their process had now slowed down due to the number of applications and it now could take up to 8 weeks for state sponsorship to get considered/approved, but I still secretly hope that it might be sooner... :)

Hi Kalinka, please update us, I see your occupation has turned 'Low' on SA's list so I hope you got it...

Guest Kalinka
Hi Kalinka, please update us, I see your occupation has turned 'Low' on SA's list so I hope you got it...

I think it's gone to "Low" because I've got the last "Medium" place! Got my SA SS this morning!!! So chuffed! :)

I think it's gone to "Low" because I've got the last "Medium" place! Got my SA SS this morning!!! So chuffed! :)

Congrats! Good for you, hopefully it will be one place left for me as Vetassess stood me up 6 months by now. I have the same nominated occupation and I have sent an urgency request form on October 11, last news I had was on 27th stating 'it is in the final stages and will be signed off by the manager soon', but nothing so far.

Could you please tell me if Vetassess were able to send you a colour scan of your assessment letter by email or did you wait for the paper to come in your mailbox befor sending for SS?

Also, I'll be grateful if you could share your timeline with Vetassess - I just saw in your signature that you have sent the app. on 04.06 - or it was received by them on this date?

Thank you again and best of luck with DIAC now!

Guest Kalinka
Congrats! Good for you, hopefully it will be one place left for me as Vetassess stood me up 6 months by now. I have the same nominated occupation and I have sent an urgency request form on October 11, last news I had was on 27th stating 'it is in the final stages and will be signed off by the manager soon', but nothing so far.

Could you please tell me if Vetassess were able to send you a colour scan of your assessment letter by email or did you wait for the paper to come in your mailbox befor sending for SS?

Also, I'll be grateful if you could share your timeline with Vetassess - I just saw in your signature that you have sent the app. on 04.06 - or it was received by them on this date?

Thank you again and best of luck with DIAC now!

I applied to VETASSESS online on 15 March; positive assessment was dated 4 June. I received it in the post about a week later. I subsequently applied for the points test advice letter (for my qualifications) and the result letter got lost in the post. When I called them, they said that they cannot e-mail me a scanned copy, they can only fax it. I had to search high and low for somebody with a fax machine and as a result I only have a black and white fax copy of this letter (I believe I might have to certify it for the visa application as it's not a colour copy). Apparently, the only way to receive a copy of this letter in colour is to pay VETASSESS AU$60 to re-issue the original letter (again in the post). Good luck with your assessment! Hope they'll still have places available at SA by the time you are ready to apply.

I applied to VETASSESS online on 15 March; positive assessment was dated 4 June. I received it in the post about a week later. I subsequently applied for the points test advice letter (for my qualifications) and the result letter got lost in the post. When I called them, they said that they cannot e-mail me a scanned copy, they can only fax it. I had to search high and low for somebody with a fax machine and as a result I only have a black and white fax copy of this letter (I believe I might have to certify it for the visa application as it's not a colour copy). Apparently, the only way to receive a copy of this letter in colour is to pay VETASSESS AU$60 to re-issue the original letter (again in the post). Good luck with your assessment! Hope they'll still have places available at SA by the time you are ready to apply.

Thank you so much for sharing this, could you share how long took for the Points Test Letter outcome to be 'delivered' from the moment you applied for it?

I have applied for PT letter in September and I believe I have only done it myself, it could be that they deferred it because they want to send the PT letter at tha same time with the skills assessment.

Guest Kalinka
Thank you so much for sharing this, could you share how long took for the Points Test Letter outcome to be 'delivered' from the moment you applied for it?

I have applied for PT letter in September and I believe I have only done it myself, it could be that they deferred it because they want to send the PT letter at tha same time with the skills assessment.

I applied for points test advice letter on 15 August and the result letter is dated 5 October. I think it is quite possible that would issue your PT with the actual skills assessment.

I applied for points test advice letter on 15 August and the result letter is dated 5 October. I think it is quite possible that would issue your PT with the actual skills assessment.

Thanks once again, good luck with the visa application. I suppose you'll go for PR with 176.

If possible, keep us posted.