• New South Wales
    • ACT
    • Victoria
    • Tasmania
    • South Australia
    • WA
    • Northern Territories
    • None - Australia is a dump and I want to go home

Ok, we have seen all these statistics for the best country/state etc, let's have one ourselves.

Which is the best State in Australia?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Define "best"

Are we talking to live in or to visit?

Oh goy I don't know, don't make it complicated for me, it took me an hour to remember all the States:confused::laugh: I suppose we have to say LIVE:wubclub:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

You can vote for 2 if you really need to, I did because I'm torn between NT and QLD, sorry Melbourne (it's the weather that doesn't do it for me)

It's a tough call. The Northern states (WA, NT, QLD) just have so much wilderness to explore, so to visit I'd definitely say one of those

Realistically, in terms of living, for my circumstances I'd have to go with SA. The other states have cities that are either to large, too remote, or don't have jobs in my field.

Retirement, now that would be an entirely different kettle of fish again...

Queensland for me without a doubt.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Well it won't come as a suprise that I have voted for Victoria. I know it better than other states and have been happily living here for the past 8 months.

I love how within and hour and a half of Melbourne you can be amongst breathtaking scenery and some of the most beautiful coastline I have ever seen. Melbourne is also a very cool city with something for everyone, albeit expensive if you want to live inner-city.

Partner visa lodged 5/7/10, subclass 309 Partner visa granted on 29/10/10. Permanent Residency visa granted 15/11/12. :cool:

Oh it's equal between Vic and QLD, oh dear, where is Bobj when you need him. Although we need to hide the thread from Olly

Queensland has taken the lead:notworthy:

Guest guest37336

Though I love QLD Kate I voted for WA,:embarrassed:

However with one proviso, has to be north of Shark Bay. Like southern WA, but love the 'feel' of Northern WA far more.

Cheers Tony.

Though I love QLD Kate I voted for WA,:embarrassed:

However with one proviso, has to be north of Shark Bay. Like southern WA, but love the 'feel' of Northern WA far more.

Cheers Tony.

:no::no: you traitor, you do know you can vote for two don't you:wink:

Qld for 1, WA for 2 and the NT for 3.

Cheers, Bobj.

Vic and Q'land

:laugh::laugh: talk about sitting on the fence:wink::wubclub:

Just for Sol, we have a poll with QLD on and it's in the lead. Are you sure the Vic lot didn't pay you to miss it off :wink:

Guest Guest 47403

Just cast my vote :cute:

Just cast my vote :cute:

You didn't just go for the last one did you:wink:

It's a tough call. The Northern states (WA, NT, QLD) just have so much wilderness to explore, so to visit I'd definitely say one of those

And Tasmania has more wilderness than those. Did you know that if all the mountains and hills in Tassie were flattened out it would be the largest state in Australia? :-)

Guest Guest 47403
You didn't just go for the last one did you:wink:

As if I would :biggrin:

As if I would :biggrin:

I don't know you always get ONE:wub::laugh::notworthy:

And Tasmania has more wilderness than those. Did you know that if all the mountains and hills in Tassie were flattened out it would be the largest state in Australia? :-)

Yeah, but weather. My husband grew up in Mallorca and Darwin. He doesn't do cold...

For me, Tassie falls in a similar category as the South Island of New Zealand. Would be there like a shot if there were any jobs whatsoever in my line of work...

Ah you can't hide the thread from me for too long - I took a while to find it this morning Kate I was outside enjoying the 25C sunshine you see (and you can shuddup Bobj:laugh:) I thought about voting twice, but that would be cheating. I wonder if Quoll voted for Australia is a dump and I want to go home??? You may have to add Geelong to that list soon Kate, I believe Harpodom is leading a campaign to have it set up as a separate State and it will opt of the Federation, that's the rumour anyway:biggrin::idea:

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Ah you can't hide the thread from me for too long - I took a while to find it this morning Kate I was outside enjoying the 25C sunshine you see (and you can shuddup Bobj:laugh:) I thought about voting twice, but that would be cheating. I wonder if Quoll voted for Australia is a dump and I want to go home??? You may have to add Geelong to that list soon Kate, I believe Harpodom is leading a campaign to have it set up as a separate State and it will opt of the Federation, that's the rumour anyway:biggrin::idea:

So did you vote Queensland Olly:wink:

Guest guest36187

Queensland all the way. WA is a close second.

Queensland all the way. WA is a close second.

I think WA needs a few more votes, come on you Perthians get voting:jiggy: