Banking a uk cheque

Guest vixvixen80

Guest vixvixen80

I have been living in Melbourne for past 18 months and am just on holiday back in good ol Blighty for a few weeks. Ive just found out that I have just recieved a nice tax rebate!! Its been sent as a cheque from HM Customs and revenue but only snag is I no longer have a uk bank account. Will I be able to bank it into my Oz Westpac account when I get back??

I have been living in Melbourne for past 18 months and am just on holiday back in good ol Blighty for a few weeks. Ive just found out that I have just recieved a nice tax rebate!! Its been sent as a cheque from HM Customs and revenue but only snag is I no longer have a uk bank account. Will I be able to bank it into my Oz Westpac account when I get back??

I have banked a couple of sterling cheques into my Oz Bankwest account. They can take up to 4 weeks to clear tho', the teller said they have to go back to Blighty:skeptical:.

Hope you don't need to spend the money right now.

Or you could ask a friend/family nicely to deposit it into their bank account (I assume you can sign it over?) while you're in the uk, and give you the cash ?[/quote

Im sending mine back to the UK so it5 an go in the bank there, its quicker :biggrin:

Guest Guest31881

I paid mine into my ANZ account, it was cleared within a couple of hours as it is not classed as a cheque because it was from government. Cannot remember the charge but it was not to high.

Guest Guest31881
Or you could ask a friend/family nicely to deposit it into their bank account (I assume you can sign it over?) while you're in the uk, and give you the cash ?

Cannot sign cheques over in the UK, it was stopped a few years ago to prevent money laundering. :mad: