WHV taking an age!!

Guest Shock Bok

Guest Shock Bok

Has anyone who applied for a WHV experienced huge delays waiting for it to be granted? I applied for mine on 23rd September and I still haven’t received it.

I had to go for a chest x-ray because I spent 3 months in South Africa, which is on a list of high risk countries for TB.

The reality is that TB in SA only tends to affect people in the very poor areas and those unfortunate people who contracted AIDS.

Anyway, I had it done a week later. The results were fine and sent off to Aus. Having checked the online status of my app it says they received the medical info on 5th October.

I’m still waiting for it to be granted. I have a British passport so there should be no problems with my credentials.

Its starting to really frustrate me because I don’t want to carry on looking for jobs in the UK in case the visa comes through while I’m at the interview stage for a job but the longer it takes the more risk I will be looking for work in Aus in the run up to the Christmas period.

Anyone else have a nightmare with getting the WHV? I read that it usually takes around 48 hours to be granted. My application is approaching 3 weeks and counting.