Sign in to follow this  
olly

UK couple win $158 million

And they are going to share it with all their friends........ but would you put your name all over the media about it ?? Me thinks they will get a few unwanted phone calls:eek:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8358841/158m-lottery-winners-to-make-friends-millionaires

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

the last couple from scotland that won the huge amount, 160million i think. they thought there life could just continue as the same, live in the same area etc but they got hounded, phone calls and so many letters, they ended up having to move away.

if i won it i would keep a secret, id write a few people a cheque and then id be off somewhere for a few months till i decided what i wanted to do with it all lol

I believe that happens a lot Stacey, whatever the generous motives of the couple. They spoke to one person in Aus who won the lotto years ago and he said 'everyone we knew thought they had won the lotto as well' and it drove wedges between people. If one of my friends won lotto I would think that is their business and absollutely none of mine, and would expect nothing, even if it were a family member I would expect nothing. Some families don't think like that though. For me, I would share it too, but wouldn't put my name in the media, that is asking for trouble and the reason why most people stay anonymous - I would head straight for the Lost Dogs' Home though and give them anything they wanted !

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

me and dave were talking about it not long ago and he said everybody he knows would crawl through the woodworks expecting something off him, he would just throw a leaving party for his friends then leave, plus obviously make sure his mum and dad were okay for money. ive got a much bigger mouth so id probably tell a few people lol but i would never stay in the same place, its stupid to even think you could. Although there is actually someone near where i live that won the lottery, he lives in a big house with tennis courts etc up the back roads from my village and he is honestly the most miserable man on this earth! by that i mean the cheapest, he shared a taxi with my mum and her boyfriend and then jumped out of it and didnt pay a thing towards it!! he moans about the price of beer at his local pub lol

And they are going to share it with all their friends........ but would you put your name all over the media about it ?? Me thinks they will get a few unwanted phone calls:eek:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8358841/158m-lottery-winners-to-make-friends-millionaires

It seems she had an affair with the guy and kicked her ex hubby out on the streets and abandoned her son leaving them with debts of $20k, it's funny how they all come crawling out of the woodwork. Yes I think she should give her son something especially how she is talking about making friends millionaires, but the ex I would give nothing, maybe the $20k debt would be paid off though.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I think this multi-multi-million lotto garbage should be brought to an end. Its obscene. I also wonder how many winners end up really 'happy'. I am not saying that the majority aren't, but I wonder how many winners end-up with screwed-up lives and relationships. It must have a profound effect - much of it good, but some of it bad.

Even keeping it a secret has a limited shelf-life - can't possibly work unless you are a hermit living in a tree that no one ever pays any attention to.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

One of my family members asked his work colleagues to put in for a tatts ticket and they did except for one guy who didn't want to. Well they won $25,000 and he was so crappy with them for winning even though it wasn't a huge amount among three of them, he gave them hell at work for weeks. I thought that was appalling, but that was the nature of that person.

A few years ago I was out with work colleagues for an Easter dinner at a pub. It was 'free raffle tickets for the ladies' night. One girl went off to the bathroom and when she came back she realised that she had missed the free ticket. I said to her 'here have mine' it's only a raffle ticket'. She took it. And she won ! The prize was a massive basket of Easter Chocolates, eggs, bunnies etc - the size of a washing basket full of chocolate. She was absolutely thrilled that she had one (with my ticket, LOL). My other colleagues made a joke about giving me a few of the chocolates to take home to my then young children, and guess what - she said 'no' as the basket was so nicely wrapped that she wanted to keep it in tact to show her family at home on Easter morning. I didn't really care, but my work colleagues gave her hell for weeks, and they told all the other work colleagues too.

She became a bit of a laughing stock for years about that episode.:realmad:

John Quincy Adams

One of my family members asked his work colleagues to put in for a tatts ticket and they did except for one guy who didn't want to. Well they won $25,000 and he was so crappy with them for winning even though it wasn't a huge amount among three of them, he gave them hell at work for weeks. I thought that was appalling, but that was the nature of that person.

A few years ago I was out with work colleagues for an Easter dinner at a pub. It was 'free raffle tickets for the ladies' night. One girl went off to the bathroom and when she came back she realised that she had missed the free ticket. I said to her 'here have mine' it's only a raffle ticket'. She took it. And she won ! The prize was a massive basket of Easter Chocolates, eggs, bunnies etc - the size of a washing basket full of chocolate. She was absolutely thrilled that she had one (with my ticket, LOL). My other colleagues made a joke about giving me a few of the chocolates to take home to my then young children, and guess what - she said 'no' as the basket was so nicely wrapped that she wanted to keep it in tact to show her family at home on Easter morning. I didn't really care, but my work colleagues gave her hell for weeks, and they told all the other work colleagues too.

She became a bit of a laughing stock for years about that episode.:realmad:

That's terrible, she should have shared it with you at the least, some people:no:

I am one who is far to generous, I may only have $50 in the bank but if someone needed it I would happily put their needs first, so don't worry everyone if I win the lottery I will give you all something (as long as it's more than $10 as I think I would struggle to divide that in to 50,000 members:goofy:)

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

yeah some people are so selfish, money causes a lot of problems sometimes. obviously id love to win the lottery but not that kind of money, how does anybody need that amount!!!

That's terrible, she should have shared it with you at the least, some people:no:

I am one who is far to generous, I may only have $50 in the bank but if someone needed it I would happily put their needs first, so don't worry everyone if I win the lottery I will give you all something (as long as it's more than $10 as I think I would struggle to divide that in to 50,000 members:goofy:)

i'll hold you to that one lol :laugh: