UK Sheet Metal Worker Seeking Sponsorship Employment!!

walkerfam11

Hi,

I am currently seeking a sponsorship employment deal for my self and my family, can anyone inform me of how to find sponsored jobs in Australia?

I am a time served sheet metal worker with 14 years experience and various other experience within this trade.

Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks!

:v_SPIN:

Hi,

I am currently seeking a sponsorship employment deal for my self and my family, can anyone inform me of how to find sponsored jobs in Australia?

I am a time served sheet metal worker with 14 years experience and various other experience within this trade.

Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks!

:v_SPIN:

Hi Walkerfam, I too am a SMW from Ireland with 14 years exp, i have had my 176 State Sponsorship Visa since July of this year. SMW are in demand in many states WA, VIC , NT, etc if you have a Level 3 NVQ or City and Guilds in SMW you should be able to apply for a 176 State Sponsorship visa which allows you to work with any company within that state, as your obliged to stay within your sponsoring state for at least 2 years, then you can do what you like.

What background do you come from in SMW ? I would take a look at Skilled Recruitment, Hays, Reed , Seek, all of their websites and even the Oz governments job websites as company's post for sponsorship visas. As a SMW we are dying breed, especially time served ones with proper training and properly qualified . I worked in Oz in 2003 and every company wanted to sponsor me to stay with them, but i was only over there travelling and partying for a year on a WHV!

There seems to plenty of demand for SMW in the mining and petro/chems industrys, ductwork, cladding , stainless steel etc etc,

Let me know if you need any more info. :cool:

Hi Walkerfam, I too am a SMW from Ireland with 14 years exp, i have had my 176 State Sponsorship Visa since July of this year. SMW are in demand in many states WA, VIC , NT, etc if you have a Level 3 NVQ or City and Guilds in SMW you should be able to apply for a 176 State Sponsorship visa which allows you to work with any company within that state, as your obliged to stay within your sponsoring state for at least 2 years, then you can do what you like.

What background do you come from in SMW ? I would take a look at Skilled Recruitment, Hays, Reed , Seek, all of their websites and even the Oz governments job websites as company's post for sponsorship visas. As a SMW we are dying breed, especially time served ones with proper training and properly qualified . I worked in Oz in 2003 and every company wanted to sponsor me to stay with them, but i was only over there travelling and partying for a year on a WHV!

There seems to plenty of demand for SMW in the mining and petro/chems

industrys, ductwork, cladding , stainless steel etc etc,

Let me know if you need any more info. :cool:

Thank you very much for the info I appreciate the replies, I have done every aspect of SMW you could think of, pharmaceutical, maintenance, ductwork, cladding, stainless, aluminium etc etc I have nvq level 1,2 & 3 aswell as my

city and guilds qualifications, I will defo take your advice and look at the state visa!

Thanks again maybe we'll cross working paths one day :spinny:

Thank you very much for the info I appreciate the replies, I have done every aspect of SMW you could think of, pharmaceutical, maintenance, ductwork, cladding, stainless, aluminium etc etc I have nvq level 1,2 & 3 aswell as my

city and guilds qualifications, I will defo take your advice and look at the state visa!

Thanks again maybe we'll cross working paths one day :spinny:

Think you need at least NVQ Level 3 so you should be fine, My qualification from Ireland is a Level 4 , but i think a 3 is ok.

I had my visa in 14 months from lodgement date and would have had it sooner if i really wanted to, but im not planning on moving there till next year. If you need any info on your TRA assessment process or Visa application, by all means hit me up and i will try to point you in the right direction (in relation to my experiences), as i have done whole process myself from start to finish and its all fresh in my head.

But the immigration process is always changing so you need to keep an eye on the DIAC website. It can be a bit time consuming but its not that hard really, you just need to gather the right information, and submit it accordingly.

And i will always be willing to help a fellow SMW

:jiggy: