eatons Hill- what's it like?

debbie13

Hi Ladies

Where shall we meet? I was thinking that Frank Nichols Reserve on Lilley Road (opposite Beech Drive) in Cashmere would be good. I like this park as it has a couple of fun play areas for the kids (and adults if you are so inclined!) and also cricket nets as well as BBQs. We can bring cricket bats and balls along for the older children and adults. Let me know if this sounds OK. I'll PM my tel no to you all so that we can speak ahead of our meet up.

Have a great weekend!

Lucy

Hi Lucy

That sounds fab, I got your mobile number and will text you mine. Will be lovely to meet everyone. So shall we say around 11 or 12, what suits you better. We can come anytime.

Jane x

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vixenpops

Hey guys you sound so nice are any of you still on this forum

We are planning to move out to oz in Octobersand first choice is EH or AC

Anyone still around who can show me the ropes regarding my 3 and 5 year old who are joining us in January

Hey guys you sound so nice are any of you still on this forum

We are planning to move out to oz in Octobersand first choice is EH or AC

Anyone still around who can show me the ropes regarding my 3 and 5 year old who are joining us in January

Hi there, thank you for the comment! Myself and Debbie13 plus other Mums meet up regularly! Would be lovely torment you when you get over. I have a 5, 3 and 1 year old. My 5 year old goes to Albany Creek State School. I also run a Mums meet up group ance meet regularly, most of us are in the same boat.

Please feel free to pm me or ask on here any questions you have.

Regards Jane

Hi Vixenpops, we are still in this area and as madcatjane has said we meet up quite regularly. Any questions about the area feel free to ask. Good luck with the move I know deciding where you are going to settle is a difficult decision to make, we settled on Eatons Hill in the end and love it here. Hope to meet up with you when you arrive.

Edited by debbie13
missed detail

Im a bit shocked to read one of the posters experiences regarding her son being bulllied... and how its very common in Australia. Would you all agree with this? My little girl absolutely loves school and is very popular with her classmates as is all the boys/girls. Im scared now to think theres a very strong possibility she will be bullied :-(

Im a bit shocked to read one of the posters experiences regarding her son being bulllied... and how its very common in Australia. Would you all agree with this? My little girl absolutely loves school and is very popular with her classmates as is all the boys/girls. Im scared now to think theres a very strong possibility she will be bullied :-(

Hi

It was me who posted about the bullying in schools. My son who experienced the bullying is absolutely fine now. I think we were just unlucky with our first choice of school. Bullying does seem to be a big issue here and often makes the newspapers (especially cyber-bullying) but whether the extent of the bullying is what the newspapers would have you believe and whether it is any worse than in any other country - who knows? I am sure there is a fair amount of bullying goes on in the UK and Eire but because we know the system there it is easier to avoid or address.

I wouldn't let the idea that there may be bullies in Australian schools put you off coming here. Your daughter will be absolutely fine. It's a worrying time moving countries but this is one thing that you shouldn't lose too much sleep over!

Cheers

Loopylu

• 1 year later...

Thank you all for your threads. My partner and I are looking to buy at Eatons Hill and I do family day care so will be looking for children to fill my spots. I'm a qualified Early Childhood teacher with 23 years experience and we will be moving to acerage behind Eatons Hills Primary school. If you know of any families looking for care for children aged 12 months - school age in a loving, caring, homely environment with a qualified teacher let me know. Will be moving mid June so taking places for second term of school :))

Hi Lyndalou74, Welcome to the area, we have been here two years now and love it. One of our friends also does family day care and she always seems fully booked so you should have no trouble once you get your name out there. I am also a qualified teacher and have been working here the last 18 months. In the meantime if you wanted to meet for a coffee and a chat pm me and a few of us could arrange something.I Hope you will be very happy in Eatons Hill.

Thank you all for your threads. My partner and I are looking to buy at Eatons Hill and I do family day care so will be looking for children to fill my spots. I'm a qualified Early Childhood teacher with 23 years experience and we will be moving to acerage behind Eatons Hills Primary school. If you know of any families looking for care for children aged 12 months - school age in a loving, caring, homely environment with a qualified teacher let me know. Will be moving mid June so taking places for second term of school :))

Hi Lyndalou74

I echo what Debbie has said above. I have a couple of friends who are family daycare and they are always busy.

I live in Albany Creek and love it here.

Where are you moving from? Do you have kids?

Jane