eatons Hill- what's it like?

debbie13

Guest Sunny123

We live in Albany Creek and both my kids go to Albany Hills. My kids really like the school and have made some really nice friends which helped them settle into the school. The staff are also really helpful. Both Albany Creek and Eatons Hill are really nice areas with lots of nice parks and cycle tracks. I don't think you can go wrong with either area.

If you need to know anything else just ask.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in Albany Creek and both my kids go to Albany Hills. My kids really like the school and have made some really nice friends which helped them settle into the school. The staff are also really helpful. Both Albany Creek and Eatons Hill are really nice areas with lots of nice parks and cycle tracks. I don't think you can go wrong with either area.

If you need to know anything else just ask.

Thanks for the info, looks like we have got a place in Bridgeman Downs so not far at all. Am hoping to get Jack into prep at Albany Hills or Albany Creek - is there much difference between the 2 of them? I had lovely email responses from both so will have a look round but wondered if one of them is better for some things than the other..... How old are your children? Jane

Well we got the Bridgeman Downs property so WILL have aircon!! Won't be moving for a little while though as we have to wait for our stuff to come over. Am looking forward to moving there and getting to meet people locally. Anyone on here know of any playgroups or clubs I can go to with the kids local to BD, AC or Eatons Hill?

Hi Jane

My husband will be doing the fly in fly out, but not in the mines, he's working for a company reparing roads and building new ones in remote areas. When he's not working away he will be based in the office in Brisbane, Eight Mile plains.

I hoping that once the children are settled and Ive sorted out childcare that I'l be able to go back to work - need to for my own sanity I think!

Hi Debbie, You've probably considered this but that would be quite a difficult commute for your husband, far north side to far south in peak traffic.

Guest Sunny123

Hi Jane, my kids are 10 & 6yrs and we knew people who sent their kids to Albany Hills and when we went for a visit the staff were so friendly to the kids that it just felt right. The kids really made the decision in the end they didn't want to look at other schools and as it turns out they were right but I haven't heard anything bad about EH or AC.

We lived in Bridgeman Downs for a while when we arrived before moving to AC it's a lovely area.

I'm not sure about playgroups in the area but there are football clubs, gymnastics, swimming in the AC/EH area for younger kids.

If you want to meet up let me. I know how it feels moving into a new area and trying to find your feet.

Hi Jane, my kids are 10 & 6yrs and we knew people who sent their kids to Albany Hills and when we went for a visit the staff were so friendly to the kids that it just felt right. The kids really made the decision in the end they didn't want to look at other schools and as it turns out they were right but I haven't heard anything bad about EH or AC.

We lived in Bridgeman Downs for a while when we arrived before moving to AC it's a lovely area.

I'm not sure about playgroups in the area but there are football clubs, gymnastics, swimming in the AC/EH area for younger kids.

If you want to meet up let me. I know how it feels moving into a new area and trying to find your feet.

Hi Sunny, Jane and Bel

Why don't we arrange a meet up as we all seem to have similar aged kids and will be living in the same area? I'd be happy to have people over to ours in Eatons Hill for a BBQ or we could meet up in a park and have a BBQ there.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Lucy

Hi Sunny, Jane and Bel

Why don't we arrange a meet up as we all seem to have similar aged kids and will be living in the same area? I'd be happy to have people over to ours in Eatons Hill for a BBQ or we could meet up in a park and have a BBQ there.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Lucy

What a great idea, I'd definitely be keen on doing that. I don't mind coming to your place or going to a park, whatever suits everyone. I can do most days, morning or afternoon except Tuesday mornings at the moment. How about we organise something for next week?

Hi Jane

I was thinking of meeting up on a weekend rather than in the week as I work full time in the city and my hubby works part time and has the childcare duties. However, if you want to meet up with Bel and Sunny during the week if is more convenient I won't be offended.

Cheers Lucy

Which building is your husband working in on Eagle Street? I'm in Waterfront Place and from my desk on the 23rd floor have a great view over the river and out to Moreton and Stradbroke Islands!

PM me if you want to arrange a meet up.

Cheers

Lucy

My hubby is up on level 32 in the same building! Great view for Riverfire and the New Years fireworks!!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest Sunny123

Hi Lucy, Jane, Bel,

It would be good to meet up with everyone. I can meet up on an afternoon but it would be good to meet up on a weekend and have a BBQ.

Next weekend is good for me.

Hi Sunny

We can't do the weekend of 5 - 6 November as we are already fully booked. We are free though on the following weekend (12 - 13 November) so let's see if Bel and Jane can make that weekend. If all else fails, there is a meet up of the Brisbannites on Saturday 25 November at Moora Park, Shorncliffe which we could use to meet up with each other and other fellow Poms in Oz.

Let me know what you all think.

Lucy

Hi Sunny

We can't do the weekend of 5 - 6 November as we are already fully booked. We are free though on the following weekend (12 - 13 November) so let's see if Bel and Jane can make that weekend. If all else fails, there is a meet up of the Brisbannites on Saturday 25 November at Moora Park, Shorncliffe which we could use to meet up with each other and other fellow Poms in Oz.

Let me know what you all think.

Lucy

Hi girls, how about Sunday 13th November? Shall we meet at a park? How about in the morning and can do a BBQ for lunch? Any park preferences or any other ideas? Looking forward to meeting you. We will also be at the Poms in Oz meet but it would be nice to meet beforehand. Jane

[Hi guys

Hope you all have a good time when you meet up. Don't forget me, Ill be out there just before or after the new year and would welcome people to show me the ropes and give me some advice on where to take the children.

Enjoy the sunshine, its pouring down over here, for a change!!!

:biggrin:

[Hi guys

Hope you all have a good time when you meet up. Don't forget me, Ill be out there just before or after the new year and would welcome people to show me the ropes and give me some advice on where to take the children.

Enjoy the sunshine, its pouring down over here, for a change!!!

:biggrin:

We won't forget you, you are the one that started all this off and got us in touch with each other!! Thank you! Look forward to meeting you!

Hi ladies

I can't do Sunday mornings any weekend due to other commitments. :wacko: However, if you want to meet on the Sunday morning, we could catch up with you abit later for the BBQ lunch as we are free from about 12pm onwards. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Lucy

Hi ladies

I can't do Sunday mornings any weekend due to other commitments. :wacko: However, if you want to meet on the Sunday morning, we could catch up with you abit later for the BBQ lunch as we are free from about 12pm onwards. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Lucy

Hi there, how about we all meet a bit later so 11ish then, does that suit everyone?

Jane

Hi Ladies

Where shall we meet? I was thinking that Frank Nichols Reserve on Lilley Road (opposite Beech Drive) in Cashmere would be good. I like this park as it has a couple of fun play areas for the kids (and adults if you are so inclined!) and also cricket nets as well as BBQs. We can bring cricket bats and balls along for the older children and adults. Let me know if this sounds OK. I'll PM my tel no to you all so that we can speak ahead of our meet up.

Have a great weekend!

Lucy

My hubby is up on level 32 in the same building! Great view for Riverfire and the New Years fireworks!!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Rudi

I agree - we have been in a couple of times for Riverfire. Looking forward to a Guy Fawkes party tomorrow night with friends but will miss having a big fire and doing the fireworks ourselves. We will have a brazier and sparklers though...

Who does your hubby work for?

Cheers

Lucy:biggrin: