Hayfever tablets?!

Guest JK2510

Well myself and OH are hayfever sufferers. Mine hasn't been too bad over the last 2/3 yrs. Were currently experiencing our 1st oz springtime and mine is now back with sore throat and everything!

Went into chemist today and brought the cheapest large box of tablets at $30 for 50. I almost had palpitations,a far way from the £1-2 I used to pay in asda!

So guys have you got any other cheaper options for me to try or is $30 the going rate?

Guest guest37336

I used to get it really bad matey, still do to an extent, but a lot less now.

I took everything to help, and I mean everything. Have you tried 'Royal Jelly' capsules or raw honey, they do help a bit, well they did for me.

But if all else fails try growing your nose hair, the more hairs, the less pollen will get up the old nostrils, it may not be attractive but may help.

nosehair.jpg

Seriously though, try the old honey trick, a couple of spoonfuls a day, it may help.:wubclub:

Cheers Tony.

Try smearing a bit of vaseline or similar around your nostrils (not a thick layer, just a smudge), which helps to 'catch' the pollen before it goes into your nose, and eat a teaspoon of local honey (it HAS to be from local bees and local flowers etc) everyday.

My brother was hospitalised every year with Hayfever he had it so badly and these two things have really helped him at a lot (plus they are rather a lot cheaper than loads of drugs! :D).