You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

johnhenryshammer

Primary schools in Rockingham area

Hi all, i'm coming over at long last this month and my family comes out end of november. I need some serious advice regards state primary schools. i'm working in Medina and i'm thinking of looking for a rented house in Rockingham/safety bay/cooloongup area. My daughter is 9 and obviously it's imperitive i make the right decisions for her. Any advice would be welcomed.

Hi

My daughters ages 10 and 7 both go to Rockingham Beach Primary School and they love it

Any questions just ask away

:wubclub:

Guest midanib
Hi

My daughters ages 10 and 7 both go to Rockingham Beach Primary School and they love it

Any questions just ask away

We are due to land in Jan and I have 2 little ones aged 7 and 5 so I think that is year 2 and pre primary. I like the look of rockingham beach but was worried about the pre/after school care. I am a nurse so was looking for before school care just in case and it appears to only be after school care through camp australia. Is that correct? What do folks do if they need kids looked after before 9 am? Thanks in advance for any advice

You find a day care centre in the area that do before and after school care, and do a drop off and pick up to the school. Some run a minibus to do the school runs, so you just drop your child off at the day care centre.

We are due to land in Jan and I have 2 little ones aged 7 and 5 so I think that is year 2 and pre primary. I like the look of rockingham beach but was worried about the pre/after school care. I am a nurse so was looking for before school care just in case and it appears to only be after school care through camp australia. Is that correct? What do folks do if they need kids looked after before 9 am? Thanks in advance for any advice

Hi

You can find out all the info you need at http://www.campaustralia.com.au

They run this at Rockingham Beach from 2.30 - 6.00 PM

I spoke to school this morning and they say that next year Camp Australia are now considering a pre school club at Rockingham Beach as many parents could use this facility.

HTH

Sam

Guest guest25493

most state primary schools are fab over here.I am in Waikiki,part of rockingham, and my children, 9 and 11 attend waikiki PS and adore it :)..enjoy :)

Guest midanib

Can I ask one other question? Where can you find out the catchment area for each school? I have been on Rockingham beach primary website, the eductation website, have googled it and no joy.

One more question!

As we will need to secure a longer term rental once our 4 week in the temp is up, will I be able to enrol the kids after term has started as I imagine everything will be closed in January when we arrive?

Many thanks for all the replys before. I have made contact with camp australia but just hoping I can find a place as mentioned above that will look after before, just incase!

Hi

I asked the school for you this morning, Rockingham Beach takes children from Rockingham areas, if you get an online map you will see the points between these Road names below

Parkin Street ............................Rockingham.................Dixon Road

.....Safety Bay Road

............................................... Read Street................................. Council Avenue

The places are given first to children in the area, any spare places can be given to children outside of the catchment area.

Yes you can enrol children once the term has started.

There is also a Camp Australia at Baldivis ... most ABC daycares do before and after school pickup ..

My daughter goes to a fab daycare ( Council owned and run ) on Council ave in Rockingham .. she love it and the staff are great .

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Guest midanib

Many thanks for those useful posts! Its reassuring to know all the info. It seems impossible at first, but with Poms in Oz and all this useful info you feel you are making headway! So excited about gettting there I just hope the kids settle then I will be fine!

Guest Kook

Hey Midanib!

Yes you can enrol kiddos anytime geney speaking. We live in Baldivis and they enrolled the kids in October so no problems.

Also re Childcare a lot of day care I have researched seems very regimented - so not that flexible for nurses (I'm a RN) but many wards you can request or select shifts - but flexibility and nursing as you know rarely go together!

Good luck and shout / email me if you want anymore advice / info!