5.30pm off to the beach, Nielsen Park, then Rose Bay RSL.

MARYROSE02

I managed to get up by 9 am today - got to stick to that, keep to a 9-5 routine even if I'm not working. I did have an interview at 11am but they rang to cancel it. The bludger in me was secretly relieved and almost went back to bed to celebrate.

Well, applied for a couple more jobs, spent a heap of time on here - unpaid voluntary work keeping my typing speeds up.

T bone steak,chips, salad & a schooner of Carlton Black last night for $15 at the RSL. Got a Pataks Balti sauce and some chicken to make a curry up tonight. Funny, I see that Pataks is made in the UK, not here, so why does a curry taste 'better' in UK?

'Bludger' without 'Dole' in front of it is no fun - like 'chips' without 'fish!'

Clerical/data entry. I send off a few resumes on Seek each day. My age is probably against me now but at the same time I am determined not to take crap work - 'get up too early, commute too far, do work that I am not comfortable with?' 'No, No, NO!' I have no skills in finance/accounts nor with software packages like MYOB. I'm OK with Word & XL and my typing speeds are OK too.

I changed my mind about Neilsen Park and went to Redleaf instead as it's half the distance and after 5.30 there are no parking restrictions. I find it hard to tear myself away from these harbourside locations. Even as I was reversing my car to go I glimpsed the Manly Ferry on its way to Circular Quay and almost got out again to watch it.