176's lodged October 2011

helene73

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robbie7
HI Robbie 7, The cost for the visa it only $ 2960. If you do have family that joins you they (everyone over 18) have to sit an IELTS and if they pass the test with 4 or more poins then you don't have to pay the second installment.

I got one quote for $50000. I did it myself at the end. If you follow all the instructions and follow out the forms as required then you don't need an agent. The forum answered in my case all the other questions that I had. :wink:

Hi Cathp , thanks for reply .The visa application is just for myself .

Its $ 2960 for the visa but then how much for VETASSESS skills assessment and WA SS .Total cost ? Ive being quoted e5500 by an agent .

What is the whole process ?

Am I right in thinking First step VETASSESS skills assessment, then apply WA SS,

IELTS test , then actual visa application , medicals and police clearance .

Hi Cathp , thanks for reply .The visa application is just for myself .

Its $ 2960 for the visa but then how much for VETASSESS skills assessment and WA SS .Total cost ? Ive being quoted e5500 by an agent .

What is the whole process ?

Am I right in thinking First step VETASSESS skills assessment, then apply WA SS,

IELTS test , then actual visa application , medicals and police clearance .

The costs for the VETASSESS differ with what your occupation is, from few hundred $ to thousand $?

First step is VETASSESS or IELTS (if require for skills assessment).

You need both Skills Assessment and IELTS (£115) to apply for WA SS ($200 AUD)

Visa Application ($2960).

Once you get CO and the request for Medicals and PCC, we got our medicals a few weeks ago, some places have different costs where we went in Edinburgh (£290 - Adult, £95 Child) we were Nearly £700 for the Medicals. Uk police checks are £35, Aus $43 each.

Ask the agent for a breakdown of what there costs are for.

Hi all, just to let u know I've uploaded extra documents that were requested from co

But couldn't find p60 so iv uploaded 12 months bank statements instead

Was asked for 12 months wage slips and p60 carnt find p60 so I sent wage slips and 12month bank statement also contract of employment , hope this is ok , uploaded extra info on me sons dependancy

Got meds this Fri 27th downloaded 160eh and 26eh but my sons has got the wrong month printed

On there for his date of birth shall I cross it out put the right one and get him initial it ? After meds are done provided extra docs are surfice then it shouldn't take long fingers crossed xx

At this pace it is going to take a month before our CO will be assigned.

:nah:

About the 175, maybe I'm wrong but I remember that before the previous update it was still 1 gen 2010, so the pace it's not that fast..

About the 175, maybe I'm wrong but I remember that before the previous update it was still 1 gen 2010, so the pace it's not that fast..

Your timeline must be wrong - its still only Oct! You say you lodged 18/11/11??

1st Jan - 1st of Feb is a month of progress for the 175s.

20th of Sept to 30th of Sept is only ten days for 176s.

A major differen IMHO. Recalculated and at the snail pace they are going I am expecting a CO by Friday. I reckon they still have one or two aces up their sleeve and will be able to slow down to one day per week. :confused:

Of course we lodged in October, :wink:

I was referring to the second to last update, I remember that it stated 7th september for 176 and 1 january for 175, but maybe I'm wrong.. Since you lodged both, you probably know it better! :biggrin:

Their actual speed is one day per working day...

So you are right you should expect it by friday..

Ours Should be assigned not before Nov 11th...

:dull:

:( they have definitely slowed down and then it will be the Christmas period! I'm going to try not to think about it for a few weeks and just pray we get over there while it's still hot :) Plus we sold the house and are living with the inlaws so it would be nice to have our own place again :) Hope some of you early October apps find out soon! xx

Guest Oliveero

Bingo. I got my Visa granted overnight. I now have 364 days to, find a job, sell/rent house, find new school, ship belongings, get to WA with my wife and two kids (1 and 3). Easy, no?

Pretty exciting. :biggrin:

Guest Robbie7

Hi does anyone know of a link to help with lodging the skills assessment ?

Im trying to get it right uploading documents

qualification 1 .

Award = degree cert

Transcipts =Year results,

Syllabus=??

No Case officer here yet :skeptical: but my meds are slowly changing to met as the days go by!

Sounds like you have a case officer if your docs are being changed to met, if you started to front load your application with PCC and medicals, your CO didnt need to contact you to request them.

Its most likely that your application will go straight to grant.

Does any of you lodged being in Australia?

We did medicals last week and Medibank said to send the envelop via post, when I called the DIAC to ask for the address they said I don't need to send them, but the person I spoke with didn't have a professional attitude, I think he was eating something while speaking... :confused: so maybe he's wrong!

Is there a way to check if medibank send the results to them via email?

Sounds like you have a case officer if your docs are being changed to met, if you started to front load your application with PCC and medicals, your CO didnt need to contact you to request them.
If my other documents were showing met I would agree. I've uploaded everything bar a de-facto statement (had to wait to go see a mate who is a JP to witness it) and Form 80/1221, but all docs show as required still. Also, although my wife and daughter's meds are finalised, parts of mine are showing as required and I don't have the "further processing" tag on the application status front page.

Its most likely that your application will go straight to grant.
Here's hoping :biggrin:

Guest RobynT84
wow, I've got a case officer already! Documents all changed to 'met' just outstanding on police check (in the post to them) and medicals (yet to book)

Fantastic news! We lodged the same day so hope to have a CO soon. Exciting times!!

If my other documents were showing met I would agree. I've uploaded everything bar a de-facto statement (had to wait to go see a mate who is a JP to witness it) and Form 80/1221, but all docs show as required still. Also, although my wife and daughter's meds are finalised, parts of mine are showing as required and I don't have the "further processing" tag on the application status front page.

Here's hoping :biggrin:

If you are married - you dont need a de-facto statement, also we were never requested for form 80/1221, not everyone is asked for these. My Husbands medicals were showing finalised first then my daughters a few days later, but mine were referred after theirs was finalised.

You could always do a PLE to find out why you havent received a CO yet.