176's lodged October 2011

helene73

Guest RobynT84
Were Perth too, always wanted Perth but when we first started this process they weren't sponsoring hairdressers so I went down the SA route, I managed to get my skills assessment and SA SS in before the may shut down, then 3 weeks in they pulled hairdressers, so after sitting Ielts twice and waiting for what seems like forever SA to put up there new SMP again hairdressers not on, but the same night I get the news WA put us back on yeaaahhhh I am so close to getting my WA dream :)

Hi Helene,

That's great for you to get WA afterall. Shame about the to'ing and fro'ing tho! We really wanted Melbourne but it wasn't to be. Better climate in Perth though!

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment we are in Gold Coast, but after the medical checks we'll move to Perth.

:biggrin:

we are now scouting :goofy: to find the best suburb :biggrin:

any suggestions?

hi all, just had our police checks through the post all clear of course , still no co lodged 26th sept 2011 wa 176 ss hope to hear by end of week , and we are going perth pollo, looking at baldivis area but who knows we will wait and c , and me police checks took just 1 week and 1 day to come back x

At the moment we are in Gold Coast, but after the medical checks we'll move to Perth.

:biggrin:

we are now scouting :goofy: to find the best suburb :biggrin:

any suggestions?

I have visited Perth but I am confused where to live, I am thinking until we know where we will be working maybe the CBD subiaco, I know it's expensive but it will be ideal for the first 6 months, plus I have always lived by the sea so it would be nice to experience city living :)

hi all, just had our police checks through the post all clear of course , still no co lodged 26th sept 2011 wa 176 ss hope to hear by end of week , and we are going perth pollo, looking at baldivis area but who knows we will wait and c , and me police checks took just 1 week and 1 day to come back x

So when you get your visa you will have to enter by the date on the police checks!

The countdown begins, how exciting :D

hi helene73, yes thats right hun hoping to go as soon as if he gets a job if he doesnt get ajob before they run out we will just go and activate em then cum back then they are valid for another 4 years after activation but u have to live in the state for two years i believe before exp so that wud give us two years to move after activation xx

Just changed our firefox homepage with this: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

is that normal? :biggrin:

Don't get me started on that page. The next update is due on Friday. However they always forget and update the following Monday. Last time it was even on the Tuesday. Having said that I have to admit that come Friday I will be checking ever fiften minutes for the update :wink:

hi helene73, yes thats right hun hoping to go as soon as if he gets a job if he doesnt get ajob before they run out we will just go and activate em then cum back then they are valid for another 4 years after activation but u have to live in the state for two years i believe before exp so that wud give us two years to move after activation xx

Small correction, you have a year to validate from the expiry of the police Certs and medical. However your visa has a total validity of 5 years. So in theory once the visa is validated you have until 5 years from the issue date to relocate. The two years therefter are the requirement for the resident return visa which you will only need once your initial visa is up to be able to freely leave and come back to Australia. So you could move there on expiry date however you would have two wait two years thereafter to be able to travel out of Oz. I hope this helps.

Hi guys

We have today got our positive skills assessment (finally) and we had SS from Vic pending this so we should be ready in the next day or so to apply to the DIAC.

Can anyone tell me whether I have to wait until I have all my docs ready to upload before I do apply? I more or less have them, I'm just waiting for a translation to come through and to get a few docs certified. But I'm so desperate to get it in while allocation of CO's is quick and would like it well before Christmas in case they are winding down lol. Is there anything I should be wary of if I do it this way?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Julie :wink:

Hi guys

We have today got our positive skills assessment (finally) and we had SS from Vic pending this so we should be ready in the next day or so to apply to the DIAC.

Can anyone tell me whether I have to wait until I have all my docs ready to upload before I do apply? I more or less have them, I'm just waiting for a translation to come through and to get a few docs certified. But I'm so desperate to get it in while allocation of CO's is quick and would like it well before Christmas in case they are winding down lol. Is there anything I should be wary of if I do it this way?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Julie :wink:

Hi Baxters,

You have 28 days from the date of submission to provide your docs. Having said that by the time you lodge your application you need to have your IELTS, positive skills assessment and state sponsorship already.

Good luck!

Hi Baxters,

You have 28 days from the date of submission to provide your docs. Having said that by the time you lodge your application you need to have your IELTS, positive skills assessment and state sponsorship already.

Good luck!

Thank you so much :) State replied overnight so we now have everything except a few certified docs and I found out today the other half needs an OZ Police check due to time spent in last 10 yrs but I believe I can apply without that through as the Co will ask for that...so thank you and I expect to join this group in the next day or so :) yippeeee, it's been a long time coming! (well not ages but long enough for an impatient person like me :) xx

Bingo, congrats on getting your CO.

For the rest of the gang, Bingo applied Sept 27th. So we see the bulk of the month enders getting their CO now while someone from Oct 2nd got a CO yesterday. Seems like they slowed down a tad. I wonder what the DIAC update will have to say on Friday.... Monday... Tuesday or whenever they remember to release it.

Hoping they will reach Oct 5th before end of the week.

Bingo, congrats on getting your CO.

For the rest of the gang, Bingo applied Sept 27th. So we see the bulk of the month enders getting their CO now while someone from Oct 2nd got a CO yesterday. Seems like they slowed down a tad. I wonder what the DIAC update will have to say on Friday.... Monday... Tuesday or whenever they remember to release it.

Hoping they will reach Oct 5th before end of the week.

i hope they do as i am not far behind you :biggrin: i am hoping i get a CO next week:jiggy:

hi littlegreenman, i havent had confirmation off my agent yet that i have a case officer lol , i just said i had checked the diac visa status online and that it had moved from proccessing commenced on the 28th sept to proccessing further as of the 18th oct yesterday what ever that means contacted agent just goes in to answer machine sent 2 emails no reply today so i let u know tomorrow she could be off for the day i said that if you do it yourself you get to know directly from diac when you go through a agent you have to wait for them to tell u because diac go straight to them anyway its moved on the visa status so who knows someone must be looking at it lol xx

Guest NeilanGemz
i hope they do as i am not far behind you :biggrin: i am hoping i get a CO next week:jiggy:

I put my 176 SA SS application on the 28th September and I've not had a CO assigned yet. Has anyone else had theirs assigned who submitted on or after the 28th Sept?

I'm getting worried now as I am desperately trying to get my visa granted before we go on 8th December. If it isn't it means i'll have to come back for 6 months before heading out for good :eek:!! I'm not sure I can deal with another British winter:cry:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

hi yes janeanddaleaustralia have been granted a case officer today they submitted on the 28th i submitted around the 26th or 27th havent had confirmation that i have one just that my visa status had moved from proccessing further read post above x

I put my 176 SA SS application on the 28th September and I've not had a CO assigned yet. Has anyone else had theirs assigned who submitted on or after the 28th Sept?

I'm getting worried now as I am desperately trying to get my visa granted before we go on 8th December. If it isn't it means i'll have to come back for 6 months before heading out for good :eek:!! I'm not sure I can deal with another British winter:cry:

Hi NeilanGemz - your timeline says that you are waiting to be asked to do your medicals and police checks - you can do these already before you get a CO (front loading). Make sure you print off the medical forms after logging in with your TRN - apparently this means you should then be on the e-health system - again will make it quicker rather than waiting for the medicals to go via slow mail.

Guest vickchick70

I applied online on the 29th Sept and don't have a CO yet. Confirmed with WA on Monday that they had sent my 1100 so waiting impatiently now !!!