176's lodged October 2011

helene73

The acknowledgment email we have all received post lodgement clearly lists both form 80 and 1221 as required forms. We didn't want to gamble and get our application rejected just because we didn't provide these within 28 days. So I suggest tonight or on Sunday arvo you open a nice bottle of wine, sit down with your spouse and fill out the forms. It can't hurt. We found it to be a great couple activity filling out 1221 together and complaining about the many questions. :laugh:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vickchick70

The forms are filled in and ready to go - is it just me or are the questions so repetitive on the form 80 and 1221 and what we filled in already on the online applcation ??!!

no its not you they do repeat themselves , well i did form 80 for me me oh and me lad only needed do one i think for all of us havent been asked yet for it but ive uploaded it to the agent bet she thinks im a right muppet lol x

The forms are filled in and ready to go - is it just me or are the questions so repetitive on the form 80 and 1221 and what we filled in already on the online applcation ??!!

Very repetitive indeed. The reason is that they use these forms for all kinda of visas. I can't blame them for wanting to standardise everything. The downside is that we feel we are providing the same information over and over again.

Looking at the bright side the reward for filling out a simple form is enormous and it helps keeping our ... errrr I mean their borders safe. :wink:

The acknowledgment email we have all received post lodgement clearly lists both form 80 and 1221 as required forms. We didn't want to gamble and get our application rejected just because we didn't provide these within 28 days. So I suggest tonight or on Sunday arvo you open a nice bottle of wine, sit down with your spouse and fill out the forms. It can't hurt. We found it to be a great couple activity filling out 1221 together and complaining about the many questions. :laugh:

Fair point, I don't want my application rejected after all the effort to get this far either. OK, shall open a bottle of vino, sit down and get these damn forms done this weekend!

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a brief update on someone else who's applying for a 475 (also cat 3). He applied on Sept 27th and got a CO on Wednesday the 12th. Simple maths says we should be due towards the middle or end of next week.

Good luck everyone. My birthday is on the 20th so it would be nice to get the email then.

Can I join your group? I lodged my 176 on Friday 14th Oct, SA has sent confirmation of my SS to DIAC.

I have started to upload all my documents. Will do my form 1221 this week and I'm going to wait to see if CO requests form 80.

Hi Amy of course you can join us, the more the merrier. we can all keep each other sane while we await our fate lol :)

Guest vickchick70
Can I join your group? I lodged my 176 on Friday 14th Oct, SA has sent confirmation of my SS to DIAC.

I have started to upload all my documents. Will do my form 1221 this week and I'm going to wait to see if CO requests form 80.

how do you know state sponsorship has been confirmed to diac ??

how do you know state sponsorship has been confirmed to diac ??

Not sure if it's different for different states, but I had to tell SA via their online system what my TRN is, then they send something to DIAC (I think it was called form 1100). SA sent me an email to say they've sent the confirmation to DIAC.

Guest RobynT84

Hi All,

We submitted our 176 app on 6th Oct; well actually our agent did so we didn't have to painstaking task of scanning and uploading all our docs!

Just wanted to introduce myself and join your thread!

Hello :biggrin:

Hi All,

We submitted our 176 app on 6th Oct; well actually our agent did so we didn't have to painstaking task of scanning and uploading all our docs!

Just wanted to introduce myself and join your thread!

Hello :biggrin:

Hi and welcome, I have a agent too that did it all lol :D

HI I don't live in the UK but I do live in Canada, so also a Low Risk Country. I did apply on October 2nd. My husband and myself will immigrate to Perth. Looking very much forward to get rid of the cold winter. Hope that we are all receiving exciting news over the next couple of weeks :-)

Guest RobynT84

Hi Again,

Yes, Hopefully going to Perth; all depends on where the work is for my husband. It's great to know there are others applying at the same time as us on here. Hopefully we can get an idea from each others timelines.

We went for SA SS first and waited over 3 months for them to say no, then got a yes from WA within 30 hours!

Fingers crossed that the visa's continue processing at their current rate! :yes:

Good news everyone. we just received the first email from our CO. We did apply Oct 2. So I bet that lots of you will have a reason to celebrate this week. We need to send some additional docs plus Form 80 for everyone and medicals and police records.

@ littlegreenman we are still planning to go this year end of Nov beginning of Dec. Depending on the visa. Looks like my hubby is also signing a contract with a company this week and they will pay our relocation. Just way to many good news for one week. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of you hear soon from you CO

Good news everyone. we just received the first email from our CO. We did apply Oct 2. So I bet that lots of you will have a reason to celebrate this week. We need to send some additional docs plus Form 80 for everyone and medicals and police records.

@ littlegreenman we are still planning to go this year end of Nov beginning of Dec. Depending on the visa. Looks like my hubby is also signing a contract with a company this week and they will pay our relocation. Just way to many good news for one week. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of you hear soon from you CO

Congratulations :D

We should all be hearing something soon then :)

I am also heading to Perth.

Hi Again,

Yes, Hopefully going to Perth; all depends on where the work is for my husband. It's great to know there are others applying at the same time as us on here. Hopefully we can get an idea from each others timelines.

We went for SA SS first and waited over 3 months for them to say no, then got a yes from WA within 30 hours!

Fingers crossed that the visa's continue processing at their current rate! :yes:

Were Perth too, always wanted Perth but when we first started this process they weren't sponsoring hairdressers so I went down the SA route, I managed to get my skills assessment and SA SS in before the may shut down, then 3 weeks in they pulled hairdressers, so after sitting Ielts twice and waiting for what seems like forever SA to put up there new SMP again hairdressers not on, but the same night I get the news WA put us back on yeaaahhhh I am so close to getting my WA dream :)

Good news everyone. we just received the first email from our CO. We did apply Oct 2. So I bet that lots of you will have a reason to celebrate this week.
Our's went in on the 2nd but no CO yet :frown: Still need to get our de-facto evidence signed and uploaded and the Form 80 i's dotted and t's crossed though.

Nice! Congratulations. You getting a CO is great news for all of us. I am very happy for you the other half has a job with relocation package lined up. Try to celebrate tonight! :biggrin:

Our's went in on the 2nd but no CO yet :frown: Still need to get our de-facto evidence signed and uploaded and the Form 80 i's dotted and t's crossed though.

Be patient. Your CO was in the process of typing the email to you already when she realised it was time to go home for the day. All she has left to do is press send tomorrow morning :wink: