176's lodged October 2011

helene73

I finally got my visa granted today, Monday 16th Jan. I'm really surprised how fast they moved at the end. I was only uploading the last of my pay slips and bank statements in the early hours of Sunday morning. My intention was to have it on their desks by Monday morning, but I never expected them to get busy on it right away...

I applied on October 8th, a while back now and most of you seem to have had your visas for quite some time. To be honest, just before Christmas, I was starting to panic: I thought that accepting an offlist offer for Tassie SS had put me in a category 5 and not a 3. It seems I was worrying about nothing, but perhaps being an offlister slowed things down a bit. Who knows?

Anyway, I'm well pleased right now. Good luck to all of those still waiting - I'm sure it will come good for you in the end.........:jiggy:

congratulations hun , all the best xx im still waiting and checking and my hubby is on the list for wa they say no news is good news but they didnt get passports or nothing off agent even though i had case officer on 18 th oct so they got all the info the needed by dec 13th so it will go from there me hubby reckons advice to anyone going use a agent do it yaself weve took over now lol xx

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi jamie vix mole , me hubby has been invited to australia house this weekend under the expressions of interest we told them we had already applied for visa and they sent him a invite to say they have employers interested in his cv , skills ect... he can only go in australia house im not allowed unless i had a skill they invited me in with so if he lands a job we will go soon if not we have got activate by 14 oct so we will just do activation till he finds a job he wants thanks for the well wishes good luck for the future xxx

Hi pw1 , from July first u get invited to apply , even though we now have our visa mart filled in the EOI form and told them he had applied for visa already they said he is still invited cud they have employers interested in his cv and quals ect ....so potential job opertunities for him E0i is expressions of Interest from July 1st if u avent already got ya visa or lodged it u will only beable to apply if diac invite u to xx

Guest RobynT84

Hi All,

Haven't been on here for a while; so busy getting everything sorted for the move. Great to see people are getting their grants - Congratulations to you all!!

We're heading to Perth on 7th April; just over 5 weeks to go and we're pretty terrified at this point (excited too obviously!). Anyone else heading out soon?

Yeah we are an October app who are over here now...we got ours in Dec and flew out 9 Jan via America...so been in OZ 5 weeks today :)

It's harder than we thought job wise but the OH starts on Monday and I have finally managed to get registered with two agencies to at least keep me going while I apply for permanent jobs myself. Other than that we are enjoying the weather (even though it's overcast sometimes as it's still warm) and the many things that make life different out here. We have been on so many day trips already to check out the area and it's beautiful. Just a house to sort now lol xx

Hi All,

Haven't been on here for a while; so busy getting everything sorted for the move. Great to see people are getting their grants - Congratulations to you all!!

We're heading to Perth on 7th April; just over 5 weeks to go and we're pretty terrified at this point (excited too obviously!). Anyone else heading out soon?

It's going to be late September for us, I have to get the business wrapped up, on the plus side more shopping time :) can't wait to get to Perth.

Good luck with the move and let me know how your getting on would be great to meet up for a few beers one day :)

Guest The Jacksonians

Very impatient family here waiting on a request for Medicals & police checks.

But also very undecided what to do as I'm a teacher and have to give notice before end of May to be able to leave end of August or have to stay til Xmas.

If request comes before end of May should we gamble and hand in notice?

How long does it take typically to get meds and police check done?

After they are done what is typical turn around time on a 176 at mo?