176's lodged October 2011

helene73

Hi all , just thought I'd let u know where we are at , march 2011 positive skills assesment

Engineers au , June ielts test L8.5 R 8 S 8.5 W8.5 overall 8.5 , wa ss lodged July got approved next day ,

Lodged 176 ss visa Sept 26th form 1100 sent 27th Sept waiting on case officer sent off police checks theysent email yesterday confirming reciept of them meds booked 27 th October if we don't hear from case officer I can always change the date as I provisionally booked them , ill keep u posted on co x

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all , just thought I'd let u know where we are at , march 2011 positive skills assesment

Engineers au , June ielts test L8.5 R 8 S 8.5 W8.5 overall 8.5 , wa ss lodged July got approved next day ,

Lodged 176 ss visa Sept 26th form 1100 sent 27th Sept waiting on case officer sent off police checks theysent email yesterday confirming reciept of them meds booked 27 th October if we don't hear from case officer I can always change the date as I provisionally booked them , ill keep u posted on co x

Thanks bingo. Given that they had allocated to everyone up to including the twentieth last week I reckon you should receive a CO by end of the week or early next week. Thanks for keeping us posted. :smile:

no probs littlegreenman ,fingers crossed hope so x

Are you out in Asia as well? Seems like it given the time :wink:

Got an email from DIAC telling me they changed my date of lodgement. Yesterday. Since I had to apply paper based for the 176 (you can only have one application online for a PR and I already had the 175) they initially confirmed the date I signed on the application form (Oct 3rd) as my lodgement date. Now they changed it to the day they received it (Oct 5th). Oh well, two days hopefully won't make a difference this time around.

Put our state sponsored 176 application in on the 2nd October. We've taken a gamble and booked the medicals and applied for the police checks as we're planning a visit in early January so hoping we can get the visa issued before then and use the trip to validate. :jiggy:

Just got to get our de-facto statements sorted out :confused:

I wish you guys good luck, what makes you think you will get your visa as quick as that, has the DIAC system changed that much? We lodged our application in Dec 2009 and only just got our visa in May 2011, 18 months of waiting.

I wish you guys good luck, what makes you think you will get your visa as quick as that, has the DIAC system changed that much? We lodged our application in Dec 2009 and only just got our visa in May 2011, 18 months of waiting.

The fact that we are in Cat 3 and all Cat 3 applications lodged prior to Sept 20th 2011 have been allocated a CO? Add in the LR country factor and the fact that they are moving 14 days per fourtnightly update... :jiggy:

The fact that we are in Cat 3 and all Cat 3 applications lodged prior to Sept 20th 2011 have been allocated a CO? Add in the LR country factor and the fact that they are moving 14 days per fourtnightly update... :jiggy:

great news guys, I wish mine and many others went that quick, its a great feeling when you get your grant, happy days ahead for you guys.

Meant to put what does this mean exactly?? Lol :)

Cat 2 currently only entails 121 (Employer Sponsored ENS). All other 176s which currently have your occupation still on the relevant SMP are in Cat 3.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Don't worry though... processing time is less than 12 months for Cat 3 unless they de-prioritise us completely.

hi littlegreenman, my answer to your question lol no im not in asia i live in stoke i was on here late last night because i couldnt go sleep and the laptop makes me tired lol , stoke is uk by the way lol x

Another one here..... lodged on the 4th of Oct and spent the weekend after, like so many on here, scanning and uploading documents.

Form 80 terrifies me - I have two extension pages of trips over the last 10 years as I travelled fairly extensively for work for a period of several years, but apart from that, just waiting.....

We leave for Perth on Tuesday for a quick recce trip in OZ and NZ (and for a friends wedding) so will get to see what it is like. Have visited before but only as a tourist and not a prospective resident!

Medicals will wait till we are back at the end of Nov. PCC will need to be redone as I have already uploaded one dated May (by mistake - did not realise that the validation date is calculated from this date) and will be left as late as possible.

Hi there,

Do you mind me asking what Form 80 is for - do we need to complete it??

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi guys,

I'm on this question with the 176 visa:

Have you or any person included in this application previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

Now, I have been to Aus on holiday but it didnt require a visa, it was only an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) for travel to Australia which had no visa number. So do I answer no to this? Confused!

Guest ausie wannabee

Hi Guys, new to the forum here.

We applied on-line as a family unit for a 176 visa with State Sponsorship to Queensland, our application date is 17 September 2011. We're cat3.

I notice that a previous correspondent mentioned all applicants prior to 20 September 2011 were allocated a case officer at this stage.

Although I wish this to be the case I am not entirely sure as our on-line status doesn't indicate a case-officer allocation and neither have we been informed by our migration agent of a case officer allocation.

I guess its just a waiting game from here onward.

Hi guys,

I'm on this question with the 176 visa:

Have you or any person included in this application previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

Now, I have been to Aus on holiday but it didnt require a visa, it was only an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) for travel to Australia which had no visa number. So do I answer no to this? Confused!

My agent put ETA for me :)

Hi Guys, new to the forum here.

We applied on-line as a family unit for a 176 visa with State Sponsorship to Queensland, our application date is 17 September 2011. We're cat3.

I notice that a previous correspondent mentioned all applicants prior to 20 September 2011 were allocated a case officer at this stage.

Although I wish this to be the case I am not entirely sure as our on-line status doesn't indicate a case-officer allocation and neither have we been informed by our migration agent of a case officer allocation.

I guess its just a waiting game from here onward.

You might want to get your agent to follow up with DIAC then. As you can see at the below link you should have been contacted by a CO already.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

form 80 you dont need to do unless co askes for it so dont upload it untill asked some have been asked and some havent get it prepared just incase you r asked x

hi lpkm , i would put yes ive been then on the extra info at the back of the application form put down question number and then explain in that section on extra info but dont forget put question number it relates too x

aussie wanabee , just give ya agent a quick call and make sure she has sent form 1100 because if they dont recieve it you wont get a case officer until they do x

Guest vickchick70

Hi Guys

I have just applied for my 176 visa on 30th September. Still no Case officer - am nervously waiting to hear something. Docs uploaded which took ages. Standard Email I had said you needed to do form 80 and 1221 - I have got them ready in case but hoping co will not ask for them.

Hi Guys

I have just applied for my 176 visa on 30th September. Still no Case officer - am nervously waiting to hear something. Docs uploaded which took ages. Standard Email I had said you needed to do form 80 and 1221 - I have got them ready in case but hoping co will not ask for them.

Hi

I have a agent but I haven't been asked to fill in any forms :)

Hi

I have a agent but I haven't been asked to fill in any forms :)

Hi Guys

OK thanks folks, I think I'll wait and see what happens when I get a CO.

Vickchick - I reckon you should hear in a few days now!