176's lodged October 2011

helene73

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg this is all getting soooooo exciting now, we are all nearly there :)

I was excited till I read about a reference being the reason another 176 applicant was refused. Even though they had passed skills test etc. now I'm worried as our references were basic just a quick overview of the role and dates worked. Hate this uncertain waiting game, really feel for those who have been waiting for years. X

I was excited till I read about a reference being the reason another 176 applicant was refused. Even though they had passed skills test etc. now I'm worried as our references were basic just a quick overview of the role and dates worked. Hate this uncertain waiting game, really feel for those who have been waiting for years. X

Hey, I wouldn't worry about that either ours were a quick overall that's all human recources seem to do when u ask for refs from years ago immigration are not stupid people

They won't just refuse just like that they will investigate further ie phone the companies up or even pay u a visit at ya work place if they think there may b somert dodgy they even look at ya qualifications through a telescope to see if they r real so don't worry about that if they r in doubt they will investigate in depth xx

Hi just filling in me medical form one of the question is have u lodged visa application I've ticked yes obviously then it says at which office have I lodged it I went through agent so don't know is it AHC ?

Where are you going for the medicals? I left that question blank as I didn't know, as it happened at the Bridge Clinic they just put everything straight into the computer system so the form wasn't used as far as I could tell.

Hi Jamie , sorry hun went have me hair dun after I posted that didn't expect a response that quick lol , I'm going to Manchester I will leave it blank then do I take a photo copy of me passport or do they photo copy passport when ya there x

Hi Jamie , sorry hun went have me hair dun after I posted that didn't expect a response that quick lol , I'm going to Manchester I will leave it blank then do I take a photo copy of me passport or do they photo copy passport when ya there x

Oh cool, thanks for that reply re ref. will try not to get my knickers in a twist again lol. In that bit about which office did you apply to, I just put online. Seemed okay when I got to the medical and they looked at it and said, oh seeing as you are online we will have it uploaded within a week....but I imagine they can see that you are an online app from the print offs and the references along the bottom. Although the form said take passport pictures ....our clinic had a machine to take our photos so it wasn't needed but I'd call and check whether they take a copy, require you to bring in a separate one or have their own machine. :) good luck with them x it's daunting isn't it when although you prob know you are well and healthy, they are checking for serious things. Xxx

Hi just filling in me medical form one of the question is have u lodged visa application I've ticked yes obviously then it says at which office have I lodged it I went through agent so don't know is it AHC ?

Hi I asked my agent mine is Adelaide centre, if you ask they will tell you.

When do you go for your meds?? I am going in Thursday to Manchester :)

Hi all , thanks for replying helen73 mine r tues at ten at Manchester hun thanks all for reply wud of replied sooner but I've been a salsa ball lol just got in xx

Hi all , I've got me meds in morning and I've come down with a cold today will this be ok to still go do u think x

Yes, you should be fine. A cold shouldnt stop your medicals, but your prob feel crap all day.

All you do is

they take photos

fill in some forms

Height/Weight

Check you can read line on eye chart

pee in a cup

take blood tests

Chest xray

Speak to doc, asked about medical history, listens to chest, feels stomach, general check up.

Think that was about it for what I remember. My medicals were refered but finalised 2 days later.

What does referred mean? I had mine today and now I'm

Dead worried about my lazy eye!! :(

Do u wear glasses or contacts my hubby and son youngest son have dodgy eyesight without there glasses or contacts me 13 year old is 9+ in both eyes very very very very longsighted optitian said when he was five they hadn't seen anyone with eyesight like his in a long while ya eye shud b fine shudnt stop u or else where is equality and diversity that will go through the window if that was the case x