Which Visa? 176 or 175

LOUISE RHODES

Hi Louise,

Is your husbands occupation on the State List of where you want to go and live?...If so then a 176 is the quickest option as these seem to be getting allocated to Case Officers very quickly...The drawbacks are that you are obliged to live in that state for 2 years and you may need to show some evidence of funds, this varies from state to state.

You'll probably need to provide us some more info to help you further, like your husbands job and where you would like to go and live...

HTH

Hi Louise,

Is your husbands occupation on the State List of where you want to go and live?...If so then a 176 is the quickest option as these seem to be getting allocated to Case Officers very quickly...The drawbacks are that you are obliged to live in that state for 2 years and you may need to show some evidence of funds, this varies from state to state.

You'll probably need to provide us some more info to help you further, like your husbands job and where you would like to go and live...

HTH

HI,

My husbands job is on the skills list, he is a metal fabricator with 18 yrs experience and currently working in this job. We would like to go to WA Perth area as there are more jobs for him. He as a 1st cousin in Victoria and I have a aunt/uncle in Victoria who are willing to sponsor us. Just not sure which Visa is best, worried about the points we will need as I have told the IELTS is hard. The 2 years is not a problem as we want to become citizens and buy a home eventually.

Anyone with any advice would be great!:unsure:

Family sponsored 176s aren't ranked any higher in priority than 175s (infact they may even have a lower priority) so if you have enough points for a 175 don't bother with the 176 unless it is sponsored by your preferred state (WA).

Family sponsored 176s aren't ranked any higher in priority than 175s (infact they may even have a lower priority) so if you have enough points for a 175 don't bother with the 176 unless it is sponsored by your preferred state (WA).

Cheers for that info, my mind boggles. We are in no hurry with application but don`t want it dragging out either as we both work full time and we want to arrive before the youngest child starts school. Do you know if we need a large amount of funds before we arrive and if so how much roughly?

Cheers for that info, my mind boggles. We are in no hurry with application but don`t want it dragging out either as we both work full time and we want to arrive before the youngest child starts school. Do you know if we need a large amount of funds before we arrive and if so how much roughly?

Some visas require a certain amount of funds but your admission to Australia on a 175 is in return for the skills you bring to Australia so no funds are required at all. If your skill is on the in demand list the assumption is that you can find work. That said anyone would be crazy to move without at least enough to support themselves for the first three months (preferably longer) to cover them during their job search.

Some visas require a certain amount of funds but your admission to Australia on a 175 is in return for the skills you bring to Australia so no funds are required at all. If your skill is on the in demand list the assumption is that you can find work. That said anyone would be crazy to move without at least enough to support themselves for the first three months (preferably longer) to cover them during their job search.

Cheers for that info, me and my husband thought that too. Asking because we may sell up in UK or rent if we can save enough money and depending on the housing market as it`s very bleak at the moment to sell. We would also like to spend a week or 2 exploring with the children before the hard work starts, so I better start saving. The next few months are going to be a rollercoaster for us but life at the end will be great for us as a family.