AHPRA - let the waiting begin............

marieh

Hello everyone!

My name is Marie i'm a midwife in the UK.

I just made my first active step towards the big move. After months of collecting documents, chasing schools and university to prove I am english speaking, breaking the news to my bosses to get a statement of service etc etc etc I just got back from the post office. Application form and certified documents x100 (yes i'm exaggerating) sent. Signed, sealed and well I have a tracking number so hopefully some time soon it will be delivered.

From all I have read I believe the hard bit starts now................ read so many horror stories. Spent the entire morning going over and over all my documents convinced I have forgotten something, no doubt I have.

Is there a way to check the status of your application? Wondered what everyone's varying time scales have been? I read somewhere last week to expect it to take 60 -90 days.

Wish me luck?! Sounds like i'll need it!

Marie :smile:

Hi Marie

Just about to send all my stuff off too (am a midwife in Leeds), can I just double check what you sent to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Ive got:

Full CV signed by my employer

Statement of services from my previous employers covering the last 10 years

References from my last 2 employers

University transcripts/certificates from my nursing, midwifery, HV course

Proof of english language (IELTS)

Request from NMC to verify (but don't want to send until APHRA have my application)

The fee.

Have I missed anything? Like you don't want to mess up

Hope you dont have to wait long!

Kirstie x

Thats just about the same as I have. I sent my statement of entry from the NMC but have read about needing to send something once they have my application, what exactly have you requested?

Also I contacted AHPRA and told them about my work/ training and they gave me a list of things to prove I had been taught in English which meant I didnt have to do IELT's (I have printed and saved the email they sent me saying this) I feel this could be where I come unstuck!

Do you have a job yet? Where abouts are you looking at going?

Marie

x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Marie, thankfully the waiting times are suppose to have gone down since they first started, at the beginning some were waiting for 6 months, gulp.

Guest lwelthy

Hi AHPRA have had my application since 1st JUNE and I've only just got a case Manager, They told me they had all paperwork, then case Manager asked for statement of good standing from our nursing board!! Then they lost my CV had to go round old employers and ask them again. Just back from post office and hopefully all paperwork now in place. It's been over 4 months. But they now saying I will be fast tracked as they have my letter of appiontment from Fremantle hospital. Sorry for the bad news but be patient and it will happen. Good Luck

Have got an interview tommorrow morning at 9am, at Armadale hospital (South Perth). Nervous......

I'd read about not needing IELTS but got a bit confused about it all so took it anyway and passed first time (thank god!)

Regarding NMC if you go onto their website, registrations section there is a request you have to fill in if you want to work abroad, they will send you a form and you have to complete it with a fee of about £36 but it says not to send it until APHRA have your documents.

Kirstie

Hi AHPRA have had my application since 1st JUNE and I've only just got a case Manager, They told me they had all paperwork, then case Manager asked for statement of good standing from our nursing board!! Then they lost my CV had to go round old employers and ask them again. Just back from post office and hopefully all paperwork now in place. It's been over 4 months. But they now saying I will be fast tracked as they have my letter of appiontment from Fremantle hospital. Sorry for the bad news but be patient and it will happen. Good Luck

Wow that is a LONG time. Now I really really hope they have everything they need. I think it's best to be prepared for a long wait though. Thank you

Guest scottiesuz

Just want to say that your transcripts need to be sent by the uni/college you went to directly to AHPRA, and the NMC verification too. Once all my documents recieved by AHPRA it took approx 4 weeks to grant me my in principal letter. You can send an online enquiry which is on the website to check the progress of your application but they do acknowledge reciept of it by email.

Hope that helps

SS

AHPRA received my application 6th October 2010 and didn't get a letter until 21st March 2011. The letter from my secondary school didn't mention that I was taught in English so I had to get that redone. Because I'd been married I had to send additional proof and link between the 2 surnames. Then in June they sent an email saying there was no evidence of aged care experience on my transcript ( it clearly stated geriatric care!) and they needed proof of my former identification. That was the day before my case manager went on holiday for 2 months. Three emails later I finally got my eligibility to register letter last month.

I would advise a lot of patience and jumping through hoops!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marie.

I am also a qualified UK trained midwife but have been working in Portugal for the past 7 years and am now looking to emigrate to western australia. I read on your post that you contacted APHRA, which I also do as some of my documents are in portuguese and wondered how you contacted them??? On there website you have an equiry form to fill out but you need a APHRA number for this. Can you tell me how you got in touch with them???

Thanks Sian

Hello everyone!

My name is Marie i'm a midwife in the UK.

I just made my first active step towards the big move. After months of collecting documents, chasing schools and university to prove I am english speaking, breaking the news to my bosses to get a statement of service etc etc etc I just got back from the post office. Application form and certified documents x100 (yes i'm exaggerating) sent. Signed, sealed and well I have a tracking number so hopefully some time soon it will be delivered.

From all I have read I believe the hard bit starts now................ read so many horror stories. Spent the entire morning going over and over all my documents convinced I have forgotten something, no doubt I have.

Is there a way to check the status of your application? Wondered what everyone's

varying time scales have been? I read somewhere last week to expect it to take 60 -90 days.

Wish me luck?! Sounds like i'll need it!

Marie :smile:

Hi Marie

I'm also a midwife working in London. I sent my application to AHPRA Sep 10, I received a confirmation receipt of application 26 Sep and a receipt of payment 30 Sep.

On 25 Oct I received an e-mail stating that they wanted my statement of service certified - (I had sent the original) and I had sent a Stat Dec regarding my Education in English which was carried out by a solicitor - which they wanted done by the Notary Public.

I have now got together the extra documents they want and are sending them via DHL today.

Fingers crossed that I wont have to wait too much longer...

Keep you posted and good luck

Lisa

Guest mandajay

Oh god! I Welthy...

I too posted mine on 1st June, I still don't have case manager! I also have a job at Freo hospital but they won't write me a confirmation letter so application can be fast tracked without having my registration number! A ridiculous catch 22!

We are about to move out of our home too which is scaring the bejesus out if me as I have yet to have anything in concrete!

Fingers crossed...

Mand

• 3 weeks later...