You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

foyna

Anyone interested in a Sydney book club?

I wondered if anyone would be interested in starting a book club. Nothing major was thinking we could plan to meet up either monthly or every other month and chat about a book.

I used to do it in London with friends and we'd take a turn to recommend a book and also the person who had chosen the book would find a new bar for us to try. I thought it'd be fun way to meet people so thought I'd see if anyone else fancied it!

Fiona

Great, November is fine. No pressure on time! If anyone else is interested just say. It's not hard core reading at all it's more of a social club!

Guest JenM

Hello! I'd definitely be up for starting a book club. I always meant to find one in London but never got around to it.

Guest JUANKY

I will join too. I am interested in meeting new people, and I am arriving at the end of this month, What kind of book do you prefer to share?

I would like to join too. I should be arriving in January. Will be a great way to meet new people plus I am a big bookworm :biggrin:

Ok so sorry everyone I didn't check this as I didn't get any notifications. I also got told about Meet Up which is a website where you can find heaps of events going on. I created a Sydney book club page on there (http://www.meetup.com/Sydneybc/events/37222932/) and it's been very popular.

I'm not really sure what will happen next as way too many people to be in a book club but if people fancy it we're going to meet at Sappho Books 51 Glebe Point Road, Glebe (map) on Thursday if anyone fancies it from 6:30pm onwards.

Even if it's only to meet similar people and start sub book club groups it'll be fun!

I'm a bit of a bookworm and would be interested in attending, but 40+ people sounds a bit much! If it turns out to be more manageable numbers let us know!

Ok well I'll let you know how Thursday goes! It's more about meeting new people as well and if you're a book worm you should have something in common with people!