New on North Shore

Guest Mountaineer4061

Guest Mountaineer4061

Hi all,

We (hubby, wee boy and I) landed in Sydney just over 3 weeks ago and moved into an apartment in Mosman this weekend.

Lovely area and things are going well, but feeling lonely! Any other Poms around here and in particular recommendations for where to meet people? We are keen to find places for our toddler to go too - playgroups, activities etc... any recommendations very welcome!

Hi,

We've been on the North Shore a short time also, in Frenchs Forest. My children are a little older and at school, but I've found the most useful thing for places to take them are the local council websites. I use Pittwater and Warringah council websites to locate local parks and beaches that are suitable for them.

Not sure about toddler groups, but if you fancy a chat, message me and hopefully we can find some places to go that will make you feel more at home.

:)

I may be stating the bleeding obvious (in which case apologies) but have you been down to Balmoral beach yet?

Hi all,

We (hubby, wee boy and I) landed in Sydney just over 3 weeks ago and moved into an apartment in Mosman this weekend.

Lovely area and things are going well, but feeling lonely! Any other Poms around here and in particular recommendations for where to meet people? We are keen to find places for our toddler to go too - playgroups, activities etc... any recommendations very welcome!

Guest shusselmann

We love Clifton Gardens (off Morella Road close to Taronga Zoo), seems fairly quiet on a Sunday so a good spot to chat to other locals.

We live in the Eastern Suburbs but visit Mosman regularly and can't believe it took us a year to discover Clifton Gardens, lovely spot.

Have you looked into local Playgroups - looks like there's one at the Baptist Church in Mosman, we found Playgroup a great way to connect with local families when we first arrived.

All the best, Sarah

Guest sleepysunday

Hi

I'm an Aussie and have just moved back here after 12 years with my British husband and 19 month old. I grew up in cremorne and am staying there with my mum so am happy to help with anything you need to know. Having lived away for so long it's nice to be home but I know what you mean about feeling lonely! Send me a pm if you want. :-)