Do I need Aus Police checks for PR @7months in Oz

Brihinia30

Hi guys Iam applying for Perm Res from 457, been in Oz 7months, do I need to apply for an Oz police check? I have already sent for UK police check and a colleague @work just told me that I need an Oz police check too. I thought a police check is only necessary if uve been in a country for 12months or longer?

Guest acrylictiger

think you need a police check for every country that you have been resident in over the last 10 years. my agent got me to do mine for oz and uk. hope this helps

Hi

I hope you dont mind me askng but how are you managing to apply for PR after only 7 months on a 457.

I am also hoping to change to PR at some stage but I thought you had to wait for 2 years before this was possible.

Cheers

Joff

Hi

I hope you dont mind me askng but how are you managing to apply for PR after only 7 months on a 457.

I am also hoping to change to PR at some stage but I thought you had to wait for 2 years before this was possible.

Cheers

Joff

I work as a nurse and my employer(hosp) is doing it via employer nomination scheme, some ppl have even had it done @3months.

The requirement is to provide a Police cert for every country where the Applicant/co-applicant has been a resident for a sum total of + 12 months(can be staggered as well).

So your 7 months stay in OZ would mean no clearance required. IMO, if you could obtain and submit a cert(available locally), no harm done...