register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest vickyw1

Poms on the Sunshine Coast

Guest vickyw1

Hi all, we're English but have been living in Sydney for the past 15 years (I'm 43, hubby is 44, kids are 10, 8 and 2) but we're now looking to move to the Sunshine Coast. Just wondering a) which suburbs are best for families and b) where do most English residents choose to live as I desperately miss the English sense of humour!!!

Would love to hear from anyone living there now, ideally we want to be within walking distance of the beach, close to a good private school and I'd love to live somewhere where the kids can ride their bikes and play with their friends in the street (just like I did in England!).

Cheers, Vicky.

Other than the fact that it's significantly cheaper than Sydney what on earth possesses you to want to move to the Sunshine Coast?!

But very well... the area of Little Mountain/Caloundra/Currimundi is pretty good, plenty of Brits here and all no more than 10 mins drive from the beaches and >half hour from Maroochydore/Mooloolaba/trains to Brisbane city and further north.

"Is that Luke... as in Luke Skywalker?" | Brisbane, Australia since August 2010 :cool:

Hi, we are in Pelican Waters. It has lovely houses, great parks, 2 supermarkets, doctors, Tavern, great private school, Caloundra City Private School, close to beaches and our kids are always out in the street playing after school.

Guest vickyw1

Thanks for your replies.

Pelican Waters looks perfect!! I've contacted the school and they are very hopeful they will have spots for the kids next year! Do you have children that go there?

We're coming up in a couple of weeks to do a reccie but I'm very excited, it seems to tick all the boxes so thanks again for the recommendation!

Vicky.

Hi Vicky, yes we have one in Prep and one in yr 3 and they just love it. We were so impressed when we looked around too. Are you having a tour when you come up? Also their yr 7 NAPLAN results were in the top 5 of Qld. Maybe we could meet up with you guys when you are up :smile:

Guest vickyw1

Hi Deb and Simon (I'm presuming it's Deb I'm talking to?!!)

Would love to meet up and pick your brains!! I'll let you know when we're coming after I've booked our flights.

Thanks again, Vicky and Terry.