Flights With Singapore Airlines

bensdad

Guest scubabud

Hi all

we fly out to Perth with Singapore on the 12th November, the price was £606 each, I had originally priced this flight with an travel agent and was quoted £680 per person, just goes to show the savings you can make booking direct.

Marg x

• 3 weeks later...
Where are you finding these prices , I've been direct and skyscanner but cant get anywhere near these prices, there are 6 of us so any tips will come in handy.

Hi! don't know if you have booked your flight yet, but, we used www.netflights.com and paid £2,600 for 5 of us with Singapore to Brisbane, 15hr stop in Singapore so can spend the day looking around and breaks up the long flight for the kids.

Best of Luck

Elaine

Guest The Newlands
Hi

Just thought i'd share this, was originally planning to fly 6th Dec however we are now booked on 28th Nov and saved £500!!!

Details as follows:

Manchester - Singapore with 1 hour layover in Munich

2 hours stop over

Singapore - Perth

Also preferred seating booked for an additional £32

Grand Total £1292

Well happy with that!

We booked on same flight, but going 13th Jan we paying £580 each, we've booked through Hoodaki on line we used them last year very helpful and competitive

Roll on :jiggy:

We booked with flight centre- 4 adults, 2 children over age of 5 (so almost adult prices), return fares to Melbourne, no stopovers, just quick flight stop at Doha for 1 hr one way, 5 hrs other way......£5100 total price. Originally £6000, but found cheaper to book direct with Qatar airlines, so flight centre matched my price and reduced by £900 to match! This is in Feb 2012.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry to thread jack, but I'm in a similar predicament.

I'm heading to Sydney on Thursday on a WHV and flying with Singapore. My ticket confirmation states 20kg suit case allowance and 7kg hand luggage allowance (which I thought was quite low). However it does mention on Singapores site that no piece of luggage should exceed 32kg.

Do you think its worth contacting them to ask for an additonal allowance with me travelling on my first WHS? Or would this only apply if I had a different visa??

Does anyone have an email/contact number for them so I could check ?

Cheers

I'm heading to Sydney on Thursday on a WHV and flying with Singapore. My ticket confirmation states 20kg suit case allowance and 7kg hand luggage allowance (which I thought was quite low). However it does mention on Singapores site that no piece of luggage should exceed 32kg.

Do you think its worth contacting them to ask for an additonal allowance with me travelling on my first WHS? Or would this only apply if I had a different visa??

Cheers

No harm in asking if they'll give you extra allowance - normally you can beg for an extra 5-10kg. The special 40kg allowance is for travellers on an unvalidated PR visa.

As someone has already said, the 32kg is a health and safety limit and does not relate to your allocated allowance.

Cheers

A WHV doesn't entitle you to any excess baggage. 20kg as standard. And 7kg is the norm for hand luggage these days. Same as anyone going on holiday. So I'd say no, don't bother contacting them. The principal is for an unvalidated permanent visa which a WHV is not. A backpack or suitcase is enough to be lugging round I reckon. A WHV often means you are moving around and I'd always travel as light as possible and leave room for adding to it once I get there.

As has been explained, the 32 kg is the rule for any one single item of baggage due to H&S rules. Doesn't mean Singapore Airlines let you fly with 32kg. 32kg is again the norm in terms of the largest weight for a bag should you go over or have an excess allowed on your ticket (ie flying first class).

Guest Karenphil67

Its only 40kg if you are on a permanent visa but in saying that we phone up and said that we had been led to believe that we would get the 40kg and we managed to negotiate 25kg each! It's not great but better than 20kg