Flights With Singapore Airlines

bensdad

Hi

Just thought i'd share this, was originally planning to fly 6th Dec however we are now booked on 28th Nov and saved £500!!!

Details as follows:

Manchester - Singapore with 1 hour layover in Munich

2 hours stop over

Singapore - Perth

Also preferred seating booked for an additional £32 each

Grand Total £1292

Well happy with that!

Guest Karenphil67

We are going with Singapore as well on 2nd November. Heathrow to Brisbane, stop for 2 hours in Singapore £1200 for 2 adults! Bargain

Where are you finding these prices , I've been direct and skyscanner but cant get anywhere near these prices, there are 6 of us so any tips will come in handy.

We booked through e bookers 2 adults and 4 children 1 way in feb just short of £3300 8 hours stop in singapore but glad to break the flight up as kids are 8,7,4 and 1. Yes booked baby a seat didnt fancy him on my knee the whole way.

we fly nov 10th from heathrow - to brisbane and paid £606 each + £60 for preferance seats by exit doors as i am 6ft 3 so need the leg room so we were well chuffed - this was even cheaper than the free tickets we won with virgin atlantic for a return flight paying taxes only -

Guest myboysjam

Did you get increased baggage allowance? When we were getting prices we were told that Singapore airlines will give migrants 40kg allowance, you just need to prove your migrating xx

When looking at tickets for a friend to come over to the UK, we noticed emirates boosted their flight prices by £500 as soon as the flights were outbound in December. Just avoid that month and the first two or three weeks of January if possible and the prices are much nicer :)

Qantas have a nice little graph showing the prices across the year, when they shoot up and when they come down again, I'm guessing this is fairly industry standard as to when they go up and down, so could help if you are flexi on when booking flights for. Its just on their own main website iirc (maybe the 'booking flights' bit).

We got 2 single, Economy, direct with SIA for mid February, Heathrow-Singapore-Adelaide, with 18 hours I think stopover (but we wanted this) for £1209 all in, it was the same price for the 5 hours stop off, but we wanted longer there (lots of reasons), and there was one with 8 hours stop off I think as well - all the same price. We got lovely seats upstairs on the big double decker plane (which imho is better for us as the configuration upstairs goes to 2-4-2 and we wanted to be sitting together instead of in a 3-some with someone else, like downstairs), and then we move to a smaller plane for the Singapore to Adelaide leg.

Booking directly with SIA was the only way we could get cheap flights, none of the flightbookers etc came anywhere close the prices we got direct from them we found, for when we wanted to go.

Qantas have a nice little graph showing the prices across the year, when they shoot up and when they come down again, I'm guessing this is fairly industry standard as to when they go up and down, so could help if you are flexi on when booking flights for. Its just on their own main website iirc (maybe the 'booking flights' bit).

Is this is the bit you mean.................

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/international-flight-specials/from-london-heathrow/economy/global/en?int_cam=

Click "See travel dates and book" on the destination.:wink:

I'm going (single, economy, just me) with Singapore 23/10 £626- (LHR-MEL) with ~3hrs in Singapore - hopefully long enough for a massage or suchlike.

Husband has a return flight with Etihad on 8/11 (~2hr in Abu Dhabi) for £826- we went with the return flight for him in case he had to fly in on a Tourist visa, but as it turns out we won't need that now :D

The Satchdog is travelling Qantas 17/10 (QF10) for ~£2400 one way, no meals, no movie, no en-suite facilities. Plus her mandatory hotel accommodation for 30 days on arrival...

Guest jimkenward12

I booked my Flight on Friday one way from london gatwick - Brisbane with Emirates for £550 and i can change the date at anytime (incase visa doesnt come through in time) for just a fee of £45. Emirates had flights on the 12th december from heathrow to brisbane for £500!

Is this is the bit you mean.................

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/international-flight-specials/from-london-heathrow/economy/global/en?int_cam=

Click "See travel dates and book" on the destination.:wink:

Thats the one, you just click on the place you want to go and it shows you the graph. (I'm not as nice as you and expect people to have to work a bit themselves lol :biglaugh: )

Guest Shelley Rose

Hi bensdad :) I have just booked my flight with singapore airlines gooing the 8th Jan and have been told I only have a 22kg baggage allowance am going on a working visa but am hoping to get pr once out there. I was going to look into paying for a larger baggage allowance.... so did you just email them direct?? thanks xx

Guest Shelley Rose

Oh really eeeeekkkkk! I only wanted say an extra 10kg as opposed to the mere 22kg ive been given you see. Others have mentioned 40 kg that would have been ideal!! :) but am not sure how they got this?

Thankyou for your reply rockdr :) xx

We've got flights to Sydney from Heathrow on Singapore with a 4 week stopover, leaving here on 29/12.

Non-stoppers on the 380...£594 each compared to a lot more on BA/QU.

They also validated the tickets for 40kg each with the PR visa. Am amazed...even on holidays we've never found Singapore to be remotely competitive on price so have always gone Emirates before now.

Guys we booked with Singapore to go out on the 20th Jan but got a return ticket just incase!!!! I emailed them and asked about extra baggage allowance they emailed to say as long as this is the first time entering with the visa we have extra allownce but they went onto say each piece should not exceed 32kilos for health handling or something like that does anyone know if its 32 or 40???

Guys we booked with Singapore to go out on the 20th Jan but got a return ticket just incase!!!! I emailed them and asked about extra baggage allowance they emailed to say as long as this is the first time entering with the visa we have extra allownce but they went onto say each piece should not exceed 32kilos for health handling or something like that does anyone know if its 32 or 40???

You're allowed 40kg in total, but you'll have to take two or more cases because no case can weigh more than 32kg. If you've ever tried to lift a 32kg case you'll understand that the poor baggage handlers at airport need looking after :o)

My mum got away with 56kg (she was on an unvalidated PR visa with 40kg allowance with singapore.... the man at check-in just completely ignored the scales!!) She also checked in her 7kg hand luggage and just took handbag & laptop bag as hand luggage.

I have no idea how she got it all off the carousel at Adelaide... but she did!