Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest saulty

Motorbike licence - experienced rider help!

Recommended Posts

Guest saulty

Arriving in Sydney in November. I've been on a full bike licence in the UK for almost 10 years commuting in London, and would like to do the same in Sydney. Hoping someone here is a biker and can help me understand what my full UK bike licence will enable me to do.


My attempts to understand the NSW RTA website seem to suggest that:

- Initially I can only ride a class R bike (which means weedy)

- After 6 months without leaving the country I can then apply for a P1 plate on a class R bike for 12 months, then a P2 plate on a class R bike (but ride slowly everywhere) for 2 years and finally a full licence.


Am I really stuck on a wee bike riding slowly for 3 1/2 years? Does 10 years of big bike experience in the UK have no bearing?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this