Places to go

Guest johnnychinese88

Guest johnnychinese88

Any poms been traveling over the whole Western Australia? I 'm not from British though, I need to know the best places for those English who had travelled the whole WA. I'll be going to Perth on 19 Oct. However I have not decided yet where to go.

Any suggestion for my two weeks tour?

Which part of WA gets me better insight, Up North or Down South?

Any poms been traveling over the whole Western Australia? I 'm not from British though, I need to know the best places for those English who had travelled the whole WA. I'll be going to Perth on 19 Oct. However I have not decided yet where to go.

Any suggestion for my two weeks tour?

Which part of WA gets me better insight, Up North or Down South?

Just depends on what you like; cities and night life, or peace and quiet??

Mate, go and see the Pilbara and Kimberlies...But do it AFTER THE WET! About May to September is good.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest johnnychinese88
Just depends on what you like; cities and night life, or peace and quiet??

Mate, go and see the Pilbara and Kimberlies...But do it AFTER THE WET! About May to September is good.

Cheers, Bobj.

Is Oct still regarded as WET? I m going after the mid of Oct. After all, where am I supposed to go?

Guest SupportPants
Is Oct still regarded as WET? I m going after the mid of Oct. After all, where am I supposed to go?

No - October is not WET. Exmouth is nice - has some good diving around the Pier although I think you will be too late for the whale shark migration. Broome is lovely too - Cable Beach has to be the most beautiful place in the world. It depends on whether you are driving or flying I guess. There are some lovely gorges around the Fitzroy Crossing area - Windjana? I think that was the one with the fresh water crocs. What about Darwin? Not so far away although NT - Kakadu is pretty spectacular.

Guest johnnychinese88
Pilbara is amazing

How far is Pilbara from Perth? Do u reckon driving from Perth? How much to spend over the accommodation there?

Guest guest17301

We're going to Cairns next Kate!

Down south for Summer, up north in Winter. Can only comment on South and only been as far south as Augusta, scenery/foodie/winey/beery, lovely.

Guest The Pom Queen
We're going to Cairns next Kate!

Down south for Summer, up north in Winter. Can only comment on South and only been as far south as Augusta, scenery/foodie/winey/beery, lovely.

Well you better call in and say hi, although I better hide the key to my wine cellar first.:tongue::hug:

Guest guest17301
Well you better call in and say hi, although I better hide the key to my wine cellar first.:tongue::hug:

You have a cellar? Definitely coming...OH suggested a rack today but would be always empty so no point....the Margaret River chardonnays are going down a treat! Who needs cellared wine...drink it now, while you can, thats what I say!

Guest johnnychinese88

Pilbara, Exmouth, Kimberly, Boome, Carns.....all are lovely places to go around. Where can I book my trip to some of these places? Any budgetary tour or motel for backpackers? How much to be spent a night in a down south or up north town? Any website as my reference?

Pilbara, Exmouth, Kimberly, Boome, Carns.....all are lovely places to go around. Where can I book my trip to some of these places? Any budgetary tour or motel for backpackers? How much to be spent a night in a down south or up north town? Any website as my reference?

Any help, mate?

http://www.backpackertours.com.au/members/frames/WA/Kimberley_main.php

Google the rest, hey? icon14.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 weeks later...
Drive from Perth to Pilbara is loong and would take a week with very little stops.

WA is mahoooosive!

?????

I went from Perth to Kununurra in 5 days and return and the road was 75% dirt. (1967):yes:

My son drove from The Darwin to Perth in 6 days and he was towing a 5.5 metre boat.

Cheers, Bobj.