2and3

changi airport -transit hotel?

Should we book one? We have 6 hours stop over. I am thinking kids and swimming pool - do we get towels? Do we need to book a room for all 5 of us? or would we be o.k with eg a triple? We don't need the extra beds - more of a bag and wee -pee stop.

And if we book one which terminal or are they all close together that it won't really matter??

Should we book one? We have 6 hours stop over. I am thinking kids and swimming pool - do we get towels? Do we need to book a room for all 5 of us? or would we be o.k with eg a triple? We don't need the extra beds - more of a bag and wee -pee stop.

And if we book one which terminal or are they all close together that it won't really matter??

Hi, it's well worth it, although you could quite easily fill the 6 hours in the airport, there's lots to see and do at Changi

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/entertainment-lifestyle

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/fun-for-the-kids

The pools in Terminal 1 and Ambassador Transit Hotel guests get to use it for free, otherwise it costs around £7 for non-guests and that includes the use of the swimming pool, jacuzzi, shower facilities, towel and a complimentary non-alcoholic drink from the bar.

It's easy to get between terminals via the skytrain which takes 2 or 3 minutes and runs every couple of minutes.

I'd not bother booking a room for 6 hours, but that is just me. You can use the pool without booking into the hotel iirc.

Showers are also available at the airport without heading up to the pool. $5 Singapore gets you a lovely power shower, towel, shampoo and shower gel provided and they even have a hairdryer in the communal area if you need it. Kids can sit and wait (if old enough) using the computers/internet up there or watching the TV. Has a huge lounge area, The Rainforest Lounge its called and use it every time we go through Changi. And as its tucked away it means there isn't the usual queue for the computers and you can rest on the sofas there with a coffee aswell.

There are play areas for smaller kids, loads of other things to do and depending on when you fly, timezone and sleep may mean the kids are not tired and just want to run around. Can do that easy enough without a hotel room. We had a 4 hour stopover last time and it was fine. By the time we had showered, let our son play, headed to the outdoor area, gotten something to eat, time passed and we were ready to board the next leg.

It is awesome!! Towels free if staying in hotel......do it, well worth it and cheap as well. We loved it, shower etc

Enjoy

Arrived 10th August....loving it

Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right ~Dr Phil

It depends on how much rest you get on the LHR to SIN flight. I had one trip where I had a 6 hour wait and found the hotel room ideal for showering and getting some proper sleep - just remember to ask for an alarm/reminder so you don't miss your flight.

Terminal 3 in Changi is pretty swish but I think 6 hours is quite a bit of time to kill no matter how good the shopping is.

so it won't matter which terminal we fly in or out of or which termial we book a room in?? we can still get to the pool? and the 'hotels' are pretty much all the same?

(my eldest likes to sit on a bog for quite some time so this would keep him happy should he feel the need !! and I won't have to hang around outside the mens looking like a stalker) I was just wondering if I just booked a room for one person - if we could all use it rather than paying for a larger room. But really if I need to book us all in thats fine - more room to jump around in - I supose!

so it won't matter which terminal we fly in or out of or which termial we book a room in?? we can still get to the pool? and the 'hotels' are pretty much all the same?

(my eldest likes to sit on a bog for quite some time so this would keep him happy should he feel the need !! and I won't have to hang around outside the mens looking like a stalker) I was just wondering if I just booked a room for one person - if we could all use it rather than paying for a larger room. But really if I need to book us all in thats fine - more room to jump around in - I supose!

No, it doesnt matter which terminal you fly in & out of, or which one you have a room with, you can still use the pool for free :cute:

I did a lot of searching on trip advisor as to which terminal to book a room with, decided on terminal 3....Stayed in terminal 1 last time & it was 'ok', but a little 'tired'

I dont know about how many rooms you need to book, you should contact the hotel & ask, they always reply really quickly :GEEK:

Interested in this one as stopping over (also for 6hrs) on our way to Townsville, had considered booking into the hotel too, but will probably settle for a nice shower, thanks for the tip!!!!!

ENS nomination appoved Nov 10, APHRA app sent 28/1/11, APHRA eligible to reg 12/4/11 VISA sent with pcc, 23/5/11, Medicals 21/6/11, meds finalised 1/7/11, evidence of defacto sent 10/8/11 VISA GRANTED 15/8/11