You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Eera

Recent changes to coal mine training in QLD

In the last six months or so there's been fairly substantial changes to the way your basic compulsory qualifications have been presented; you'll see an advert asking for "A generic, SGS and S1, S2, S3" but most of them have changed their names which is really going to confuse you when you go to apply for them, so here's a summary:

The Generic Passport is the mining equivalent of the blue/white card, but is increasingly becoming known as Standard 11. It's increased from 1 to 3 days but you can get RPL if you've been active on a mine site and is now easier to get renewed because of this

The BMA passport, previously known as an SGS is now three days long and can only be provided through BMA themselves these days. There's currently a huge backlog as there are very limited providers (4 weeks at the moment)

S1, S2, S3 (basic supervisor course) has already been through a name change to G1, G8, G9 but has undergone another to RIIRIS301A, RIIOHS301A, RIICOM301A. It's normally 3 days but I've seen 4-5 days advertised too.

Cheers

Thanks for the update Eera, there are so many changes with everything it's hard to keep up.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.