visiting pets in quarantine

Guest tosh105

Guest tosh105

I just wanted to ask if most people visited their pets when they were in quarantine. I was sure I was going to but I am starting to think it is a selfish thing to do as it may unsettle my cat and could mean that when I get her out of quarantine and take her to our new home she may get stressed when I leave for work?

As usual any advice is greatly appreciated!

We went through the same dilemma with our two dogs and after much heart ache decided against visiting them. We did however call the station now and again to check up on how they were doing. After collecting them earlier today I can report they are absolutely brilliant and it is like then never left...they are currently getting accustomed to their new house and we will be taking them for a walk on the beach later. All I can say is that every person from the quarantine station knew our dogs by name when we called and that they all came over to say good bye when we left. In fact, one of my dogs was more interested in being fussed by a certain handler that by me! I think this points out, without a doubt, that they are looked after impeccably by the staff.

Hope this helps in some way!?!

I had my 3 cats in Sydney, two boarded together and one alone. We only managed to visit once as were headless chickens running around looking for houses... They were really happy to see us and fine in quarantine, in fact probably more interested in their attendant who came round for feeding time LOL. Since getting out they have all been right as rain, absolutely no difference from before. In fact, the first week we couldn't get them off us, it was cuddles 24 hours a day.

Hi, Our dog is in quarantine at the moment, although I would really like to visit him for my sake I used to work in boarding kennels and sometimes people would send their relatives who knew their pets to visit them, the pets would have previously been quite settled and then it would take me a couple of days to settle them down again as they would get stressed that they had been left again, for this reason I have got a company going into visit our dog who he doesnt know so he doesnt expect to be leaving with them but it means I can see from the photos etc that he is doing ok, have also spoken to the quarantine staff regularly and they are lovely. Hope this helps a bit.

Celia

Did anybody send toys and bedding in for their pet? The cat kennels I looked at looked quite bare.

We have dropped bedding and toys and treats into the quarantine station for our dog, they said you could have posted it to them if you needed to, he had a favourite teddy which we actually brought with our luggage as our pet shippers said it might get lost in transit.

Celia

We have dropped bedding and toys and treats into the quarantine station for our dog, they said you could have posted it to them if you needed to, he had a favourite teddy which we actually brought with our luggage as our pet shippers said it might get lost in transit.

Celia

That's a good idea :D Satch has a toy puppy that she likes to carry around - might have to look at sending it across for her!!