Medicals for a son over 18 years old-please advise

jono007jono

We have been assigned a case officer but she is asking for my OH's son to be sent for a medical even though he is over 18 years old and not emigrating with us.

Has anyone else heard of this?

My OH is divorced from his children's mother and this could prove difficult if they insist on a medical being done for him.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Guest guest59652

I have heard that if a relation has a chronic on-going condition whether going or not can affect the immigration process. This is all to do with support for the family member not going. This is worse case.

I reckon its for completeness. If he is fit and well don't worry - the situation i heard about was extreme. You can communicate explain he is not coming and that he has good health coverage in the uk - just to stop them worrying he will burden their health system (which is not as good as we are used to in the uk)

I have heard that if a relation has a chronic on-going condition whether going or not can affect the immigration process. This is all to do with support for the family member not going. This is worse case.

I reckon its for completeness. If he is fit and well don't worry - the situation i heard about was extreme. You can communicate explain he is not coming and that he has good health coverage in the uk - just to stop them worrying he will burden their health system (which is not as good as we are used to in the uk)

My OH's ex wife has a live in partner now.

His son has got Autism so needs supervision but he is not severly disabled or anything.

The partner living with his ex wife is working and supports the household.My OH doesn't pay maintenance as he gave her the house to make their son's lives secure.

Do you think this looks bleak??

My OH's ex wife has a live in partner now.

His son has got Autism so needs supervision but he is not severly disabled or anything.

The partner living with his ex wife is working and supports the household.My OH doesn't pay maintenance as he gave her the house to make their son's lives secure.

Do you think this looks bleak??

Sounds as if you might have given the DIAC too much unnecessary information.

If the 'child' is a dependant then a medical can be called for and you have an issue.

Guest guest59652

Indeed its all about dependency. I am no expert, but you may be seen as being financially responsible. It is all about what they perceive. Remember though you can discuss this with your case officer if you are worried. They are human and are not looking to deny you what you want.

Your situation is complicated but you and your wife will be seen as responsible. The live in partner is not going to be seen as a stable source of financial protection in terms of providing medical aid. They will think that you will still have to provide for your son.

There have been people who have got through the medical with strange ailments who i have seen on here and they have been the primary applicant so dont get too hung up on it.

Search some forums and there will be posts on it.

Cheers

I had this with my 17 year old daughter she refused point blank to have a medical. In the end I had to get her to do a stat dec stating she didnt want the medical and understood the consequences of her decision. My co accepted this and I got my visa.

Our agent thinks its because when I lodged with DIAC my son was 16 years old.

He's 18 now but I've been away from the family for 4 years .

Did your daughter go with you to Australia,what sort of things did you have to put in the letter?

We have applied to WA .

Thanks for your info,it's given me some hope.