Do VETASSESS contact previous employers

Guest Jemmagrange

Guest Jemmagrange

Hi All,

Just starting the process..mega excited! Going it alone (no agent) so ill be relying on you guys for help.

My question is:

Does VETASSESS contact my previous employers? The reason why i ask is i worked for a company for 2 years (2008-2010) and i decided to leave but they didnt make this very easy and i ended up leaving on a bad note n(i wasnt sacked - i left) I am not going to approach them for a reference but i have my contract, payslips, P45 and P60 will this be enough eveidence or will VETASSESS contact them? If this is the case i will not include them on the application.

Many thanks in advance :cute:

Hi Jemma,

I recently submitted a Vetassess application and included, like you my P45 P60's etc and they didn't contact my employers. If you include a Statutory declaration with your application you should be fine. Just state that they are not able to obtain a referernce. I had to submit one to advise that a previous company had closed down and no reference was available.

Good Luck

Sporty

• 3 months later...

Sporty,

I am in the same situation, however things weren't all that great when I left a company either, due to recession, however they were pretty nasty and didn't give me a leg to stand on. Called their HR department and they sent me through a copy of the contract of employment and I have obtained a tax form proof of employment in that period, however will just stating on the declaration 'unable to obtain a reference be enough? The office is still open so have no idea what to do :-( Help!

Hi minxey i wouldn't worry. You can use payslips, p60s and bank statements. if you really want to you can contact the tax office for a list of your previous jobs. I really feel with your contract and tax forms you will be fine.Good lucksporty x

Sporty,I am in the same situation, however things weren't all that great when I left a company either, due to recession, however they were pretty nasty and didn't give me a leg to stand on. Called their HR department and they sent me through a copy of the contract of employment and I have obtained a tax form proof of employment in that period, however will just stating on the declaration 'unable to obtain a reference be enough? The office is still open so have no idea what to do :-( Help!